Chapter VIII: Assertion

Comenzar desde el principio

Althea perks up at the accusation and turns her gaze toward the female; she then huffs upon seeing (Y/N)'s desperate expression. It was truly her own weakness. "Fine." She groans. "But I'm only doing it for (Y/N). Nothing more, nothing less." Takemichi grins weakly. "That's all I needed to hear." He uttered; pushing back from the jigsaw game before resting his arms on his lap.

Finally, it was time to get serious.

"—...(Y/N) told me about how you knew of Mikey before she met 'em. And we wanted to know if you knew anything else about gangs overall. The more info, the better." Althea jolts with surprise. "The hell do you guys think I am? Gang encyclopedia?!"

(Y/N) shrugs. "Well yeah, that's pretty much why you're here." She blurts out. Althea pouts before sighing yet again. "I don't know much as that dude Yamagishi does, but I'll try to give you a tiny run-down on some things."

Althea then fixes her posture before turning to face the duo. "Starting with Toman, I couldn't find much information about them because they're still relatively new around here," Althea affirms. "...—But I can confirm that their gang began in 2003. I believe it was formed shortly after the defeat of the most notorious gang of their time."

The duo's brows knit together. "And who was that?" They inquired in unison.

Althea's eyes darken. "The most vicious group of people you could ever encounter; The Black Dragons." She clarified. "...—From what I heard, there have been multiple generations of those bastards. About ten in total."

The pair nods slowly, drinking in this newfound information.

Such big words used for a gang like this seemed about intimidating, not to mention the way the air grew dull as Althea resumed her explanation. "...—They were known to have harmed innocent people simply for entering their territory. And the rumors say? Not long after that, the trespassers were murdered." Althea lowers her head. "Beaten to death, to be more specific..."

A shudder runs down Takemichi's spine as he steals a disturbed glance at (Y/N).

The taller female, on the other hand looked unfazed. "I see..." (Y/N) murmurs; nodding rather slowly. 'They're definitely no joke...'

Althea then shoves her hands in her pockets. "There's no doubt that they're not one of Toman's bigger conflicts. But, they were later dealt with after Toman was formed. I even heard that there was a truce made."

(Y/N) raises a brow at this fact. "A truce? Why in the hell would Mikey make a truce with those bastards?" Althea just shrugs. "Well, that's the part I don't know. My guess is that they must've promised Mikey to never hurt anyone in Toman, and to keep from getting their asses beat again." She sneered.

The taller female amongst the trio grows oddly weary. "Okay, so there's no doubt that they aren't in the top ten, in terms of dangerous gangs that is." (Y/N) mumbles; putting her thumb to her chin. "We definitely can't turn our back on them..." She acknowledged.

Althea nods. "Exactly. But number two is most definitely Moebius. And I don't think I need to go into details on why that is..." She trails off.

A moment of silence circles the room as (Y/N) and Takemichi became lost in thought.

'The Black Dragons must be super well known in these parts if they're capable of gruesome shit like that... even their name sounds familiar to me.' (Y/N) pondered; shifting her gaze back to Althea, who was fidgeting with the strings of her hoodie.

"Althea." (Y/N) called; watching as the petite girl halted before lifting her head. "If this isn't too much to ask...? What else do you know about these "Black Dragons"? In case we ever encounter them..."