"Maybe we shouldn't jump to conclusions. What if he did invite her, but she had already committed to plans with her friends?"

Remi pats my head like I'm a child. "Aw, little Bella, you're so cute when you're naïve."

I shake my head away from her touch, combing through my hair. "And you're so annoying when you talk to me like I'm three years-old."

"What are you girls arguing about back there?" mom calls out from the front seat.

"Nothing!" Remi and I say cheerfully at the same time, but then Remi changes her tone when she turns to me.

"If you don't, I will," she says.

"Will what?"

"Ask Nico about his current relationship status. The people want to know, Bella."

"No one wants to know."

"Are you kidding? I'd be doing the girls in this town a favor. They're all waiting in line for their shot with Nico Bradford." I shake my head and skew my lips. "You know that I'm right. I don't know why it's so hard for you to admit."

"Okay, fine," I snap. "I'll ask Nico about it so long as you stop nagging me."

She zips her mouth shut with her fingers like she won't utter another word, and I give her an eye-roll because - let's be real - this girl can't keep her mouth shut for more than 3 seconds.

A few minutes later, and we pull up to a cute restaurant with valet parking. We're usually not this fancy when brunching, but Grandma Ruby insisted on a special girls' day.

When we get to the restaurant, Grandma Ruby asks the hostess to seat us in the backyard garden, and I'm glad she does because it's surrounded by beautiful trees and flowers.

"How pretty is this?" mom says once we walk onto the patio.

"Oh, Carrie darling, just wait until you see their menu."

"Mom, we didn't have to be this fancy."

"Nonsense. Go big or go home, right girls?"

"Right!" Remi and I say.

The second that we sit, Grandma Ruby orders herself and mom a mimosa.

"But not more than one, mom, you're driving."

"Isabella can drive my car for me."

"Mom..."

Sometimes I wonder how my mom is Grandma Ruby's daughter. Mom is super reserved, while Grandma Ruby is super...not.

"Lighten up, Carrie," Grandma Ruby rubs at mom's shoulder. "And don't think for a second that we aren't going to pry about your date night with Adam. But first...mimosas!"

Mom's been super quiet about her date with Adam, and while I've been desperate to press her for details, I do want to respect her timing.

"Mother, it's not a big deal. And I'm sure the girls have other things that they rather talk about."

"Not me," Remi says before pointing her thumb my way. "Plus, this one's getting on my last nerves."

"Why's that?" mom asks, clasping her hands together and standing her elbows up on the table.

"Oh, ya know. Boy problems that I wish she'd just take care of already."

I kick her leg under the table to shut her up.

"Ouch!" she exclaims.

"Boy problems?" mom repeats. "You're not referring to Nico, are you?"

"Can we not discuss this right now?" I blurt out. "Mom, today is about you. Now tell us. How was your date with Adam?"

Mom sighs, knowing that she can't avoid this topic forever. "The date was good...great, actually. We met at this Mexican restaurant for tacos, which happened to turn into a club. Who knew salsa dancing could be so much fun?"

"You? Salsa dancing?" my jaw drops and eyebrows raise.

"Is that so hard to believe, Isabella?"

"Uh...yes."

Remi swats my arm. "Ignore her. Tell us more, Carrie."

"There's not much to tell. I just had a really good time. And I'd love to see him again."

"Is that a possibility?" I ask her.

"If you must know, he texted me right after we got home from our date."

"Good job, Adam!" I say.

"The boys we know need to take notes," Remi remarks.

"So...? What did you say?" I ask mom. I look at Grandma Ruby, who must already know the answer because she's smiling from ear-to-ear.

"I said yes!" mom smiles.

"Yes?" Remi asks excitedly.

"Yes," mom repeats.

"YES!" I hold my hands up in a victory stance and shout.