The Spirit Room

Cameron POV

Seeing Chad standing outside my apartment makes my heart drop. Nash lets out a frustrated sound as we approach my door. Chad hears us and turns to see us walking up to him. There's a tense silence when we reach him and he's pissed off, his neck and face are all read and he's practically shaking with repressed rage.

"Chad, pleasure to see you again," I tell him. I start off being polite and friendly in an attempt to decrease any potential conflict that may arise from this situation. He ignores me and stares directly at Nash who crosses his arms and looks back at his father.

"Was there something you needed, Chad?" He asks and he has an attitude in his voice and posture. He's so tense that I want to rub his shoulders and back to relax him but I'm sure that will just make Chad that much more upset.

"Yes, I need my underage son to stop acting like he knows everything and realize that his supposed boyfriend is just using him to climb a social ladder. He's just using you to make money off of you. I am your father, I raised you and I can't believe you would trust this man that you've only know for a few months to make the best decisions for you and ensure you aren't being screwed over by people who could care less about you. He won't have your best interests in mind, he'll only have money in mind," he says lowly and I can't deny that his words cut me deeply.

I love Nash, I love him so much and I only want what's best for him. Chad says he has Nash's best interest in mind but he certainly isn't acting like it. He's kept a tight leash on Nash since he started swimming competitively, he turned down one of the best coaches just to stay in North Carolina and keep a watchful eye on Nash.

There's so much I want to say to Chad right now but I don't want to escalate this conflict so I keep my mouth shut and let Nash speak. I look at Nash and his facial expression is stone cold. It's a shame that Chad is letting money cloud his mind, does he not realize that with every argument he loses Nash a little bit more. He needs to look at Nash as his son and not as his source of money and big brand sponsorship.

"Chad, you haven't had my best interests in mind since I started swimming at a high level. I'm just a paycheck now and you think I don't notice that. Your main concern is money and getting as much money as you possibly can from me. I'm a couple of months from my 18th birthday and after you no longer have control over me or my finances. I miss the father I had before I started swimming, if you want to return to that close relationship we had then I'm more than willing to work on it but if you don't well... there's nothing I can do about it." Nash's tone of voice is quiet and sad. I don't hesitate to wrap my arms around him and rub his back gently, I don't give a fuck if it upsets Chad because Nash is the most important person in my life.

There's another tense silence as Nash looks into his father's eyes. Chad is still rigid and he abruptly turns and leaves without saying another word to Nash. I open my apartment door and guide him inside. I lock the door behind us and lead him to the couch where I sit down first and then pull him onto my lap. He buries his face in my neck and I can feel the hot tears that fall from his eyes. I could beat the shit out of Chad for making my baby cry and hurting him deeply. No matter how much bravado Nash shows to his father I know it hurts him to know that Chad only cares about money and not his own son. Nash is 17 and I know Chad's treatment still affects him greatly.

"I know you're hurting baby, he's blind to the fact that you're an amazing person and son. He'll recognize that after you're gone and he'll regret his actions," I tell him softly and I press a soft kiss on the top of his head. I rub my hands up and down his back and my heart breaks seeing him crying. Nash sniffles and I tilt his head up to look at me. I kiss his wet cheeks and gently wipe the tears with my fingers.

"I'm so happy I have you, Cameron. I can't imagine having to tolerate my father with no real hope of finding someone I trusted to manage me. With you I have freedom..." he whispers and I tenderly stroke his cheeks.

"You'll always have me, Nash. No matter what," I murmur and he gives me a happy smile that makes my heart clench with emotion.

"So beautiful," I tell him and he blushes. I love it.

"I don't know what I'd do without you," he confesses and I smile because I feel the same way.

"I don't know what I'd do without you either, Nash. You brought so much light and happiness to my life. I haven't felt this way since I stopped swimming," I confide and he leans in and presses a soft kiss on my lips.

"I wish I could just stay here with you, my birthday is in a few weeks and I'll be coming here anyway," he mutters and I sigh softly.

"That would make me so happy," I say and he bites his bottom lip. I don't think he realizes how desirable he is right now, I'm sure if he knew he'd make the most out of it and we'd end up in my bedroom.

He leans in again and presses another kiss on my lips. We sit there kissing leisurely, my fingers rub soft circles on his lower back and he relaxes against me as the stress of the situation leaves his body. He begins to grind his ass on my hardening erection lasciviously and I know we're going to have to stop soon. It's getting harder and harder to resist him, I have to hold out though. I want to do this right because he means everything to me.

We pull back after a few minutes of kissing and he looks so much better now, the light is back in his eyes and it just makes me happy to know that I can console him even with the serious problems his having with his dad.

We spend the rest of the evening cuddling on the couch the TV is off, our phones are away and we just concentrate on each other.

"I guess I should head back to North Carolina and wait until the end of my prison sentence," he tells me and I give him a pouty face even though I know he's right.

"I know, baby. But we only have a few weeks and I'm so ready for you to move in." I tell him and he grins excitedly. It's going to be the first time he ever leaves his home, I guess it's sort of like going off to college but more severe because he's moving across the country and moving in with his boyfriend. I don't delude myself into think everything is going to be roses because he's going to go through a cultural shock and he will probably struggle with it.

But I'm confident we can weather the storm, I believe in us.

A/N- Nash is about to cut the cord, who's ready? I know short chapter and I'm sorry but it felt right to cut it off there.

Do you guys still like this story? I need some feedback :-)