ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

𝗦he rested her forehead on the edge of her steering wheel as she sideways looked out her car window in the direction of Auden's house

𝗦he rested her forehead on the edge of her steering wheel as she sideways looked out her car window in the direction of Auden's house. Ever since she left for Spain, the two of them had been extremely distant from each other, which wasn't something she was expecting after their conversation at the funeral weeks ago. She thought that maybe she would change – that she would act like she actually wanted this between them, but all she got was the opposite.

Blake let her head hang limply and looked down at her phone. The blue line for a new message blinked rapidly against the screen. After a week of basic silence, Auden finally texted her today and told her to come over her house at the time it was right now. Though, the more time inched, the less she began to respond to her texts.

She lifted her thumbs, drafting another message, but as she got halfway through it, she shook her head, sat up, and deleted it. There was a point in a relationship, whether it was official or in the air, where she needed to stand up for herself. If she wanted answers, or at least freedom from this shitty interaction, she had to obtain it herself.

She had more things to worry about than an almost twenty-five year old woman with commitment issues.

Grabbing onto the door handle, she popped open her car and slid out of the seat. She tucked her keys between her hands as she ran across the street and walked up the steps. For a second, she didn't know if she should knock, or just walk in. In the past, Auden let her do both.

She decided on knocking.

However, as soon as her hand went to hit the wood, the door swung open just barely. Blake frowned, wondering why the hell it wasn't closed properly; she figured she would ask her once she saw her. As she slipped into the house, she connected the dots – it was likely that Auden was home. In that case, she felt sadness cave in her chest at her lack of response to her; maybe she was just in the shower, but that was unlikely – she was definitely ignoring her for some reason.

But why?

What did I do?

"Auden?" she asked into the silent air of the kitchen.

Blake paused for a while, just standing in the middle of the room without moving. She turned her head to the side, investigating; if she didn't know her as well as she did, she would assume that she hadn't been home in ages. She kept her household minimally decorated, but even so, it still needed some tenderness, love, and care.

She ran her fingers across the wooden table as she rounded it, frowning at the small dust collection gathered in the sweat glands of her fingerprints. Brushing it off on her pants as she continued down the hall, she did her best to keep a poker face on.

That crumbled almost instantly the more she neared Auden's bedroom. Her heart sank and her body lost all its color as the sound of more than one woman giggling appeared through the thin wood. Her heart hammered through her chest all while constricting at the same time; the feeling was so powerful, that if she wasn't letting her curiosity take over, then she might have passed out then and there.