Chapter Forty-Eight - Hell and back

Start from the beginning

"What did he see?" I ask, my voice croaking slightly.

"He saw you, naked in bed while a girl was just getting out of it, putting her clothes back on." Lucifer says quietly and my lip trembles.

"You're lying." I whisper but he shakes his head.

"You cheated on him Cas. How could you do that?"

"I DIDN'T!" I cry is disbelief, clutching onto my hair.

"I spoke to the girl that had come out of your room Cas. He told me that you two had slept together."

"she's lying." I hiss.

"Wasn't their any aspect in your room this morning that made you think you had sex with someone last night?" He asks, looking at me carefully and I open my mouth to argue but I stop, thinking back to only a few minutes ago. The condom... On the bed. The one I thought that had been used for me and Dean.

I look back up at Lucifer and close my mouth, gulping slightly with my eyes wide and hands shaking. He shakes his head and looks at me in disdain.

"You disgust me right now." He whispers before turning away and started to walk off.

"Hey Luci, you didn't tell him the best part." Balthazar calls and Lucifer freezes and looks at the twins angrily.

"What else is there?" I ask in a quiet and weak voice, thinking that I would not be able to hear anymore.

"You tell or we will." Gabriel grinned, wiggling his eyebrows and with clenched fists, Lucifer turned back around to face me and took a step forwards towards me.

"Cas, you have to realise he was angry and upset okay..." Lucifer said steadily, holding up his hands. I look at him, Balthazar and Gabriel closely before turning back to him again.

"what?"

"When Dean stormed out of your room he was crying and pushing past everyone. I went to go and see what was wrong with him and he started hugging me while he told me that he wanted to get back at you for what you had done..."

"I understand." I croak out and Lucifer breathes in deeply

"You came out of the bedroom and followed him, when you saw us you leaned on the bar and watched us..."

"Okay..."

"He was angry Cas. He saw you standing there looking at us blankly. It was almost as if you were in a different world altogether."

"Get on with it Lucifer, what did I do?" I say, biting my lip worriedly.

"You didn't do anything-" Balthazar said.

"-that was the problem." Gabriel finished.

"Cas, he kissed me." Lucifer says, a lump forming in his throat. My heart in that very moment smashed into a million tiny little pieces and tears started to well up in my eyes.

"A-and what about you? Did you push him away? Please say you pushed him away lu, you're my brother. You wouldn't kiss him back.. Right?" Lucifer stayed quiet, his mouth pinned closed as he avoided my gaze and that was all the answer I needed. I let out a loud sob and leaned my back against the wall, face in hands and I slid down to the floor pathetically.

"It's all my fault. It's all my fault." I say over and over again, sobbing into my fingers. "I'm so stupid."

"Cas..." I heard Lucifer whisper and he dropped down beside me and wrapped his arms around me.

"He'll never want to see me again!" I cry into my brothers shoulder, pulling him close to me. "It's not your fault, it's not deans.... It's mine!"