seven - when I've emptied my cup

People have been asking for a tribute list. There's a couple fillers (technically, I know who all of them are, but to save y'all some unnecessary emotional trauma, I've only named the ones that have some sort of importance): 

District 1: Krista & Eren
District 2: Mikasa & Levi
District 3: Mina & Armin
District 4: Annie & Reiner
District 5: Unnamed & Bertolt
-
District 7: Ymir & Unnamed
-
District 9: Sasha and Connie
-
District 11: Pieck & Porco (they're never named, but that's who I picture them as)
District 12: Reader & Zeke

Love you guys. Enjoy!! xx

.

You sleep in a tree. 

Unfortunately, Levi's right, and you do need sleep. But you're still wary of Levi and would rather not have to put yourself in such a vulnerable position right next to him. So, you climb up one of the nearest trees and find yourself a thick branch to perch yourself on for the evening.

With the sleeping bag covering your lower half and the rope keeping you tied to the tree, it reminds you of home. You would do this quite a lot, especially after your parents died. It was always nice to wake up to the birds chirping, to the sound of wind ruffling through the leaves on the trees, listening to animals scurry around on the ground below.

And to your surprise, that's kind of how you wake up. Sunlight is peeking through the trees, birds are chirping. You'd been expecting Levi to wake you up at some point to switch who was on watch, so the sunlight genuinely startles you. Did he leave? Take off on you?

When your eyes adjust to the light, you tilt your head so that you can look down. Levi's exactly where you left him, sitting by the river, leaning up against a tree. 

Hm. He didn't leave. He didn't slaughter you in your sleep either.

Are you actually starting to trust this guy? Who would've thought.

You reach for the rope that's keeping you hooked to the tree and you start to undo it, winding it into your hands before you tuck it into your pack, which you've hung from a nearby tree branch. Your bow and quiver are in a similar setting, hooked onto a nearby branch. You grab your bow, even if just to feel that it's real, and you take one of the arrows from the quiver.

You can see it, out of the corner of your eye. A squirrel, wandering around on a branch. A bit above you, maybe fifteen feet away. Completely doable.

Carefully, you take your bow and load up one of the arrows. You lean slightly so that you can get a better angle, the sleeping bag ruffling under your legs. One sharp kick from someone, and you'd go tumbling straight off the branch- good thing it's only you up here. 

You pull back on the bowstring, shutting one eye so that you can squint at the squirrel. It twists its head, giving you a perfect shot, and you fire.

With one pitiful squeak, the squirrel tumbles out of the tree, your arrow sticking out of its eye. You watch as it falls, plummeting to the ground, and it lands a few feet away from where Levi is sitting below you. He stares at it for a second before he looks up to where you are.

"Breakfast," you call.

"Good morning to you too," you hear him grumble.

Finally, with your sleeping bag packed up and your bag over your shoulder, you make your way down the tree. You scale it rather easily, and you make it to the ground in no time. When you turn towards Levi, he tosses something your way, and you catch it out of the air: an apple.