six - when I'm pure like a dove

Surprise update ;)

.

You're weirdly calm. There are many things you should be feeling: anxious, stressed, scared. Hell, you should be terrified. The odds of your survival are slim.

But you're not. You're hyper focused. Locked in.

Your feet hit the ground and you run. You run faster than you've ever run in your entire life. The ground is hard beneath your feet, not soft like the soil of the forest in the outskirts of District 12. It propels you forward, neck and neck with the girl from District 4. The boy from District 8 is all but an afterthought, lost somewhere behind you.

You lean a hand down, and on your way by, your fingers manage to get ahold of that backpack you had your eyes on. You throw it over your shoulders as you run. Good; now for a weapon.

You reach the center of the cornucopia at the same time as the other fastest tributes. You want to head straight to your bow and arrows, leaning against one of the inside walls, but you hear a battle cry, and you instinctively duck to the ground as something sails over your head. You scramble for whatever's closest to you- a sword- and you snatch at it, nearly cutting your fingers on it as you fumble for the handle.

There's another cry, and you roll over on your back, bringing the sword up in front of you, one hand braced on the handle and the other pinching the tip of the blade. There's a screech of metal as what you think is an axe blade strikes the sword, rebounding off.

You finally get your vision into focus. It's the boy from District 6, you think. His eyes are crazed, but he's got the axe raised again, prepared to strike, and you're still on the ground, holding a sword that you don't know how to handle. "I'm sorry!" the boy howls as he brings the axe down again.

You roll out of the way, tumbling over some sort of pack on the ground as the axe sinks into the ground where your head had been. Desperate, you swing the sword in a blind arc, and the tribute backs up.

Fuck- why did you think this was a good idea? There are tributes everywhere, and the ground's already littered with bodies.

"Shit," you curse under your breath as the boy from 6 lunges back in. You're fucked, aren't you?

Then, you're not. The tribute goes careening sideways, a knife sticking out of the side of his head. Your neck snaps sideways: it's the girl from District 7. Ymir, you think her name was?

It's a stupid thing to be thinking about- what her name is. Not when she's got the girl from District 1 with her, not when she's a dozen feet away and readying another knife, not when you know that she never misses. You roll out of the way, moving to duck behind some high-stacked boxes to give yourself some sort of cover.

Someone screams; there's a thump as another body hits the ground. More killing. Where's your bow and arrows? They're not against the wall anymore-

Someone seizes your arm and pulls. You whirl around, sword handle clutched in your amateur hands and ready to swing, when the attacker calls out, "hey!"

It's Levi. You should've expected it- here he is, ready to seek you out and kill you the first chance he gets. You shouldn't be surprised. He's deadly, obviously, and the odds of you getting out of this are slim. Maybe you can hit him and run, abandon the need for a weapon and save yourself. But fuck, how are you supposed to win this without your bow and arrows? Wait a second-

Levi's holding your goddamn bow. He's holding your fucking bow.

And to make matters infinitely worse, he's got a gold mockingjay pin on his chest. 

Suddenly, that clear focus that you had is gone. That calm that had washed over you has vanished, temporarily replaced not with panic but with general confusion. What the hell is going on? Why is Levi holding your weapons- and he's not using them either, he's holding them like he's about to drop them. And why does he have your...