Daryl POV

Back in Alexandria, I stalk out of the house where we had interrogated Dwight with Kelly at my side. Still angry with that prick, I'm itching to kill him for what he did to Denise, and knowing he was targeting my wife instead, but I yielded, deciding to give him this one chance to prove that he's on our side, and playing turn coat to Negan. I face Vanessa's ex, and now one of my closest friends, "aye, have ya seen Blue?" I question. I haven't seen her the entire time I've been here. That's not like her. She's usually present during things like this.

His dark eyes find me, shaking his head. "No, I don't think she's here." He frowns, "I think something is wrong." Me too, I groan inwardly.

Charlee saunters up, hands in her pockets, meeting us on the sidewalk, face curious, "talking about Vanessa? She's not here."

"Yeah, I was gonna go find her." I grunt.

I watch as she chews her lip, peering anxiously around us. "Negan brought her back two days ago. Something about Owen. She wasn't in good shape. I think the last person that saw her was Father Gabriel. He said she had mentioned something about knowing where she can find a bed."

I straighten up, "I know where she went. I'm gonna go get her." She returned the place we first had sex. I'm unsurprised it's become her home away from home. I'm glad we found a place she feels safe.

I peer over my shoulder as Dwight stalks out behind us. "Sorry, I didn't mean to overhear." He puts his hands up in surrender as the three of us face him. I spot Rick leaning against the doorframe, listening. "I found Vanessa maybe five nights ago. She was pretty beat up. Owen was attacking her after Negan did the same thing to him that he did to me." He motions to his face, "Simon brought back a file full of reports of what she went through. I didn't see the file myself, but Negan was furious. Simon saw it and explained a bit of what was inside. Negan doesn't tolerate men like Owen." He whispers. "He was imprisoned but had escaped. He was able to get his hands on her while she was alone. She didn't have any weapons on her. I had to take her to Negan, otherwise she would've died. It was the closest option." I wince, feeling the panic begin to claw at my throat. "I noticed you guys don't have a doctor..."

Owen attacked her, again? She almost died while I was hiding out at the kingdom. Anger swirls around me, and red dances into my vision. I should've fucking had her stay with me.

"She is the one who patches us up after you killed Denise." Kelly rubs his face, "fuck."

"Why are ya just sayin' this now?" I snarl at Dwight, getting into his face. I should've fucking killed him. "You coulda said something sooner!" I reach for my knife.

"Daryl." Rick warns. "You know where she's at?" He inquires. I nod, still glaring at Dwight. "Go tell her what's going on. We need those weapons she has anyway."

"I can go with you." Kelly offers.

I shake my head, for a moment, the memory of her doing the same at the farm replays in my mind. Her and Kelly are certainly similar in many ways. "Nah, I need to talk to her alone." I stalk towards the gate, heading out to be reunited with my wife.