6. Feelings

It's been two weeks and today was a gala to celebrate some AK holiday. All seven VK's of the group and some other VK's even showed up in decent clothing. And yes for the record, Uma was the one who got Harry and Gil in suits. They were still pirate style, but they were suits.
Ben was suppose to give some sort of speach about love, acceptance and that kind of crap.
But he felt bad everytime he looked at Mal, he simply couldn't place it.
"Hey handsome." Mal said and she kissed his cheek.
"Hey Mal..." he said.
"Is something wrong?"
"N-no... I just forgot what I was supposed to say in... five minutes..."
"That's alright, it happens to everybody."
"Yea well, what am I supposed to do now?"
"Ease up beastyboy. It's human to forget things." Uma said.
"Yea Carlos almost forgot to-" Jay said but Carlos cut him off.
"Not important."
"Don't worry Ben, you always know what to say." Gil said and Harry hated the fact that he had to agree.
Mostly because he knew that this was Gil's way of flirting.
"Thanks Gil..." Ben said and he felt himself being a bit more relaxed.
"I think you gotta get going. Goodluck!" Evie said and Mal was about to give Ben a kiss as he walked away to give his speach.

"Hello everyone, thank you for coming to the Valentinesday Gala. I know that love ain't easy for everyone but eventually it will find tou when you expect it the least." Ben started and his eyes travelled to Mal.
"Sometimes it like it's meant to be..." he said but he hesitated before he said it.
Then his eyes travelled to Uma and Harry.
"Sometimes it's very predictable..." he said and he saw Harry chuckle.
His eyes continues to travel and landed on Jay and Lonnie.
"Sometimes it about something you can have in common..."
Then he looked at Carlos and Jane.
"Sometimes it's just very pure and innocent..."
Then Evie and Doug.
"Sometimes it's about support..."
But then his eyes landed on Gil.
(Everyone was somewhere else in the crowd so they didn't see who he exactly looked at).
"And sometimes you didn't see it coming." Ben said and Gil locked eyes with him.
"But almost always, when you didn't see it coming, it's the best kind-"
"Oh so we're the worst?" Harry voice said.
"Shut the hell up." Uma sissed and the crowd chuckled a bit.
"...as I was saying." Ben continued with a smirk.
"Love can happen in different ways, and then I don't mean the things which I just said... But girls can love girls. Guys can love guys. People can love both. And for some stupid reason, VK's are more tolerant about it than us AK's. Which is why I'd like to start something, which will be new for Auradon but it's already happening in different places around the world." Ben said and the crowd started to whisper while the seven VK's started to smile.
Since basically everything VK was gay, bi or pan. If you can find a straight VK, I'd be impressed.
"And it's called Pride Month!" Ben said and as always, Carlos cheered the loudest.
"Finally!" Jordan said and she kissed Freddie right on the spot, who totally went with it.
"Yea!!!!" Evie cheered.
"Get her, girl!" Uma shouted.
Even Audrey smiled at the sight.
"Because sometimes the VK's do show us how it's supposed to be. On the isle they only used to care when an AK showed up. They didn't care about people's sexuality, gender or whatsoever. They would fight you either way." Ben joked and the crowd laughed.
"The isle was way more tolerant then us, so maybe just for once. We should follow their lead." Ben said and he closed his speach.

"Ben that was amazing!" Mal said and Ben smiled.
"Thanks Mal."
And there was the feeling of guilt again.
"I told you that you would know what to say." Gil said and Ben was annoyed by the fact that Gil gave him such a good feeling.
...wait a damn minute--!