Chapter 3: Lake Party

My plan is to upload a new chapter every week starting today! Hope you guys enjoy!
___________

(Y/n's POV)

Sam and I made it back home while Ron and Judy worked on the backyard. My house was a bit far, I realized that. Maybe I can ask Sam for a ride so I can put my belongings away. I wiped away the sweat from my forehead and heard Sam rambling and talking to MoJo.

After making him take his pain meds I knocked on the doorframe.

"Hey, what are you in a rush for?" I asked, leaning my body against his doorframe and crossing my arms.

"Well since I've got the car, all I need now is the girl." Sam said, spraying more cologne on him.

"Let me guess, Mikaela?" I guessed with a smirk.

"U-Um…" Sam froze.

"Don't worry, bro. I'll keep my mouth shut. So where are you doing?"

"There's this party down by the lake. I'm picking my friend Miles up and heading up there."

"Mind if I tag along? According to some people, I still look like a high schooler." I joked.

"Okay, I'm not sure my 20-something-year-old friend would enjoy a party that high schoolers are going to. It'll be weird."

"I promise I'll be cool." I said, raising a hand.

"...fine. Come on." We left the room and headed downstairs. While I was here and while Sam was doing his own thing, I changed into some skinny jeans with my combat boots and my (f/c) plaid button up shirt that I left unbuttoned and my white tanktop underneath.

We stepped outside onto the grass and Ron immediately had a fit.

"Aw Sam…"

"What?" Sam asked and I stayed quiet, crossing my arms.

"I do not like footprints on my grass." Ron said, throwing his shovel in the grass.

"What foot- there's no footprints." Sam gestured to where he stood. I sighed and went ahead while listening to them argue.

"That's why I built my path. So why don't you go from my grass onto my path, okay?" Ron said, gesturing to the bath by the fountain.

"It's family grass, Dad." Sam said, walking onto the path

"Well, when you own your own grass, you'll understand."

Sam went over to Judy as she held a bunch of flowers in one hand.

"This, this, I can't do it anymore." Sam said. "You're putting girl jewelry on a boy dog. He's got enough self-esteem issues as a Chihuahua, Mom."

Sam gestured over to MoJo who was lying on his little outdoor house that said "Mojo's Penthouse.", he stood up and his new collar was in clear view. It was pretty blue color with some rhinestones layering the top.

"That's his bling!"

Sam and I went over to the cat and hopped in while his mother yelled out.

"I want you home by 11 o' clock!"

"Yeah, all right." Sam replied.

"11!" Ron yelled.

"Will do!" I yelled back, giving them a thumbs up and hopping into the passenger side.

"Please, for the love of God, drive safely!" Sam started the engine, causing a bunch of exhaust spread over the yard. I laughed and looked at Sam.

"Hey, it's good to see you again, Sam." I said, lightly punching his shoulder.