ɪx. sᴜᴢɪᴇ ᴅᴏᴇs ɴᴏᴛ ᴄᴏᴘʏ

Start from the beginning

Dustin pointed back at Viola. "Exactly. I just got home. It's bullshit." The group stared at the couple as they continued to jog down the hill. "Well, their loss, right? Onwards and upwards! Suzie awaits." Dustin turned, continuing up the hill.

Lucas and Max sighed at the same time, turning and walking up the hill together. Viola and Oliver reluctantly followed after them.

Oliver stopped when noticing Will still standing there looking at the couple with a sad face. "Will!" He called to the boy. Will turned around quickly jogging after the group, slowing down once by Oliver's side. "Are you okay?" He asked. Will just nodded, humming with a huge smile on his face. Half fake, half real.

Once the group finally made it to the top they instantly dropped everything that they carried. "Made it." Dustin said, pulling on the straps of his backpack. "Yeah, only took five hours." Max exaggerated.

"Olly." Viola put a hand out motioning to the water jug the twins had bought just for the two of them. Oliver nodded, passing the jug. Viola took a sip and gave it back to Oliver who copied her actions.

Loud gulping made the two Lockeheart's turn. Lucas had his water jug up to his mouth, chugging it. Viola cringed seeing the look on Max's face. "Did you seriously just drink the rest of our water?" Max asked as Lucas wiped his mouth. He froze when seeing Max's face. The boy then brought the jug back up to his mouth and spit the water he hadn't swallowed yet in it.

The boy then moved the jug towards Max who looked at him with a disgusted look. Oliver sighed, handing the red-head their jug which she appreciated.

Then the kids got to work, setting up the big invention bit-by-bit. Connecting poles together, taping things to other things. Adding wires.

Once done they all pushed the invention up so it would stand straight. They all stood back looking at the large tower. "Pretty impressive, right?" Dustin asked. The kids agreed. "Now, you ready to meet my love?"

"Okay, sure." Max said, not sounding very interested. Dustin sat on the ground next to the radio while the kids stood above him. Dustin picked up the walkie, pressing down on the button on the side of it, bringing it to his mouth. "Suzie, this is Dustin. Do you copy? Over." Radio static emitted from the other side. Dustin looked up at the kids awkwardly. "One sec. She's probably... She's still there." He turned back to the walkie. "Suzie... this is Dustin. Do you copy? Over."

No response.

Max crossed her arms over her chest, annoyed. "I'm sure she's there. It's just— you know, maybe she's, like, busy or.. it's around dinnertime." The kids all agreed. Viola, personally, believed him. Who would go through all this work to lie about a girlfriend?

"Suzie, do you copy? This is Dustin. Over." He repeated. Viola sighed and turned around to face the sunset, she had a feeling they were gonna be here for a while so, why not make the most of it.

•••

OLIVER SHOOK HIS SISTER who was asleep on the grassy floor. She was a lost cause when it came to staying up late, unless she had some kind of energy booster.

"Suzie! This is Dustin. Do you copy? Over." Dustin said into the walkie again as Viola rubbed her eyes. "Why the hell am I on a hill?" She asked sleepily. Max looked over at the girl and chuckled at her.

"Suzie-"

"Dustin, come on! She's not there." Max exclaimed. "She's there, all right? She'll pick up." He shouted at the red-head. "Maybe Cerebro doesn't work." Will sat up from besides Oliver. "Or maybe Suzie doesn't exist." Max shot back.

"She exists!" Dustin yelled. "She's a genius and she's hotter than Phoebe Cates? No girl is that perfect." Lucas claimed. Max sat up and looked down at the boy. "Is that so?" Lucas quickly sat up, a scared face shown. "I mean... you're perfect. I mean, like, per- perfect in your own way. In your special— your own special way." Lucas tried to save himself.