Chapter 2: Home Sweet Home

Start from the beginning

"Welcome home." Sam said, making me give him a smug look.

As we drove down the road, the wind blew in my hair and over my sunglasses. Luckily I was wearing a tanktop underneath my uniform and kept the camo pants on, and had my wrist straps on. Ron spoke up.

"I got a little surprise for you, son." Ron started pulling into a Porsche dealership parking lot. Sam immediately started freaking out. Wait, what!?

"Hold up! What!?" I yelled and looked around.

"No. No, no, no, no! Dad! Oh, you gotta be kidding me," Sam said with a smile and Ron decided to ruin it.

"Yeah, I am. You're not getting a Porsche." Ron then laughed, causing Sam's face to fall. He got his hopes up too fast. I even laughed a little.

"You think that's funny?" Sam looked at his father with a disappointed expression. I laughed even more.

"Yeah, I think it's funny." Ron replied.

"What's wrong with you? And why are YOU laughing?" Sam asked, then looked at me.

"What? It's funny when you get your hopes too high!" I said through laughs.

"You think I'd really get you a Porsche? For your first car?"

Ron pulled us into a sketchy car lot where most of them looked old or run down, or even scrapped. I thought I heard something behind me and saw nothing.

"I'm not talking to you for the rest of this whole thing." Sam was not happy with his dad right now.

There was a clown in front of us where he was pouting to where we needed to go.
"Oh, come on. It's just a practical joke," Ron teased him and continued to laugh.

"It's not a funny joke." Sam snapped back.

"You're so gullible, Sam." I said with a smile at how this was unraveling.

"Okay, you. Shut up. I'm still not talking to you."

I rolled my eyes and we parked. We started walking up to the rundown gas pumps and Sam started to complain.

"Here? No, no, no, what is this? You said- you said half a car, not half a piece of crap, Dad."

"When I was your age, I'd have been happy with four wheels and an engine."

I tried teasing him again. This was so much fun.

"Yeah Sam. Try being a bit more grateful you're even getting a car."

"Okay. You, be quiet." He turned to Ron. "Okay, let me explain something to you. Okay? You ever see 40-Year-Old Virgin?"

"Yeah"

Sam started gesturing to the cars that were next to us. "Okay, that's what this is," Sam gestured to his right. "And this is a 50-year-old virgin." I rolled my eyes and looked around. Some of these do look pretty shitty, but it's better than nothing.

"You want me to live that life?" Sam asked his dad. "Hmm?"

"Oh come on, Sam. You're being so dramatic. Look, why don't we just have a look and maybe we'll find something you might actually like. Okay?" I said, placing a hand on Sam's shoulder.

"Son. Listen to me, okay?" Ron said. "No sacrifice-"

"Yeah, no victory."
"No victory." They said in unison. "You know, I got it. The old Witwicky motto, dad."

A man came out of the building, possibly the owner of the work place. He wore a hat, a Hawaiian shirt and tan khaki pants.

"Gentlemen, miss. Bobby Bolivia, like the country, except without the runs." He laughed while saking Sam's hand and then mine. "How can I help you?"