3 - Puppeteer

I walked back to the house with my mother again, and just as last time, she gave me the same lecture. Just as I thought, I must've been put back in time. Is this a chance to restart?

My journey has restarted, but this time I am not weak and powerless; I might finally be able to get somewhere in this world.

We arrived back at the house and everything was back to normal. We walked in, and just as last time my father was sitting there, ready to give me a lecture about ditching his training again.

After listening to his lecture again, I ate and went to my room.

A week has passed by, and the day of the heroes arriving is today.

The past week I've been trying to figure out how my power and abilities work, and the so-called inner weapon of mine Kazai mentioned...

Turns out I can summon the scythe just by thinking about it being in my hand. After summoning it I can feel myself being a bit fatigued, but that goes away after about a minute.

With the power Kazai granted me came inhuman strength and speed. I can run a lap around the whole village in about 30 seconds.

I've been trying to go unnoticed while testing my powers, as I don't know how I would be able to explain me being so powerful out of nowhere.

I've been thinking about what I should do to rescue the village and reduce the casualties to a minimum, but there are not many options. I could tell my parents and the village that the heroes would be coming today and that after they left, we would be raided by a pack of huge bears, but no one would believe me. There is no actual good outcome, so that's out of the picture. The other option is me trying to defeat the bears so they don't cause any issues. I should be powerful enough to rival some bears if I could defeat one of God of Death's underlings, even if she was the weakest of them. I am also stronger than I was back when I defeated her.

All of a sudden, an explosion went off.

Everyone rushed out to see what had happened, and just like last time, they're here. They are arguing with the elders again.

But this time, something differed from last time.

As soon as me and my parents arrived at the scene, the mage started whispering to the man in front, who was arguing with the elders. She had a terrified look on her face.

The man looked over at the crowd, and instantly focused his eyes onto me.

Pointing at me, he said,

"W- Who is that kid? Why is someone with such threatening aura in a goblin village?"

What aura is he talking about?

After that thought left my mind, a window appeared in front of me.

"Would you like to learn and initiate spell 'Reinforced Eyes'"

"Yes."

I answered.

Everything around me changed, and everyone around me was emitting some sort of energy field. Some had more of this energy, while some had way less.

Looking at the heroes, I could tell that they're strong. The aura enveloping them was huge, and menacing. But now I know why they were so shocked and threatened. Taking a look at myself, I could tell that I was way stronger than them, combined. I was radiating an extremely vast aura; how could I withhold all of this?...