2.1

»»»

"Hm, I don't see anything here. Only a large bench an-" Taehyung cut himself off. His lips parting slightly when eventually spotting the painting Cassandra had been talking about. The reason they were there. Or at least one of the reasons. After all it had been him who had asked her out to that place. What better first official date then doing something they were both into?
-Besides that he couldn't come up with anything better.
"See, told you it was massive." She appeared beside him with a grin when seeing his face. He was in awe. "Come," she said then and walked to the large sitting area right underneath it. Taking a seat then before laying down on the velvet cushion. She gestured for him to join. Taehyung took a brief glance around the empty area. Two other visitors were observing sculptures in the next room. Otherwise there wasn't any other soul there. The perks of going to a museum during a weekday. Nodding, he laid down next to her. Staring with big eyes at the large painting on the ceiling. His brown irises wandering over the different colours and depicted persons.
"The twelve Olympian gods," Cassandra explained then and he peeked at her. Seeing her eyes also fixated on it. He nodded then, redirecting his gaze back to it as well. "It's.. impressive," he breathed out, "And much larger than I thought." He chuckled then. "Do you think it'll fall down on us?"
She gasped. "Now I do! Thanks!" She giggled, nudging his side, making him chuckle under his breath. He tried recalling all the names of the gods. "Who was that God far left? The one with the hammer?"

"The one with the hammer was Hephaestus," she quietly explained then. Losing herself a little in the big canvas and paint. Eyes gliding over the depicted gods. Trying recognising and remembering them all. "He was the god of blacksmithing and had created many armours and gadgets for other gods and famous heroes. And he was husband of Aphrodite." Taehyung hummed, simply listening to her narration. He liked listening to her explanations over subjects she knew or cared about. "But actually she was in love with Ares, the god of war," she breathed then.
Sensing Cassandra's hand next to his, his fingers glided closer to hers. Eventually intertwining them. He did it so nonchalantly, it was as if he had been doing it forever. And she felt her cheeks flushing. Which was ridiculous, she knew. She felt like a teenager when she was an adult who had done far more than just holding hands with him. But still, the fact he could make her feel like this, was quite invirogating. And pure.
"You're quite smart," he stated then with a soft expression. "Obviously you are. It's just.. You're also very booksmart."
"I'm not that booksmart," she smiled, "I just know a thing or two. Mainly from documentaries."
She tilted her head then, resting it on his shoulder. And they stayed like this. Silently viewing the ceiling-covering classical painting. Half-covered mythological entities devided in squares and ovals, which were framed by golden ornaments. And Taehyung felt small for a moment. But then Cassandra shifted next to him and her cheek pressed a little more onto his shoulder. And he smiled to himself, tightening his fingers around hers.

He felt small, but in this silence with her, he also felt at peace.

Time passed and they continued strolling through long corridors with different coloured walls. past numerous art pieces. It was nice not doing this alone for once. And with that airy, babyblue frilly dress and her long curls, Cassandra looked like having escaped an art piece herself. Like coming straight from the painting of fairies or nymphs she was currently viewing. Or so he thought at least while silently watching her. She looked like she belonged there. Among all this art.
They walked around a bit more, getting to see everything. Encountering only a handful people through the corridors. They looked like tourists. Taehyung frowned when noticing a guy staring at them when passing by. Or rather her. "People tend to look at you a lot," he stated blandly then. Causing Cassandra to avert her gaze from a sculpture. Her brows raised. "Really? I didn't notice."
"I notice it sometimes," he mumbled and licked over his lips. Remembering some other occasions they had been together and people gaping at her. And her being oblivious to it. A stern look appeared on his eyes, even if he tried hiding it. She could tell it was bothering him. She simply shrugged though. "It's probably just my curly hair."
"Maybe," he mumbled.
"Tae.. are you perhaps a little jealous?"
He huffed, looking away. "No, I mean.. You're pretty. Makes sense for everyone to stare at you."
She pursed her lips. That was the second time ever he had called her that. "It's okay if you are, as long as you don't make a scene or become a control-freak," she said then unfazed, "I'd also get jealous if some attractive woman looked at you for too long."
His eyes widened and the corners of his lips tucked into a smirk. "Oh, so you're the jealous type?"
"Yeah, a little," she admitted embarrassed, "But I don't act out on it. As long as you don't give me a reason to."
"Same."
"Good."
"Cassandra?" They stopped in front of a glass facade. "I wouldn't be jealous if you'd be just a random person, you know? I am, because.. because.." He dragged out a sigh. Feeling his chest jittery. He wanted to say it. He really did, but he couldn't. Uncertain if it was the right moment. He regretted not saying it back then, when they had kissed. Days had passed since then after all.
"It's okay," she smiled warmly at him. Understanding his struggles. After all she had struggled telling him something as well. She had almost said it once. Thinking about it now, she was glad she hadn't said it then though. "I'm not good in voicing my feelings either." She looked away, feeling her face heating after admitting that.
He hadn't realised being tensed up until his shoulders relaxed at her words, slouching them. He wasn't alone on this. "But know that I trust you, okay?"
She smiled. "I trust you, too."