0.1

»»»

"No, no.. no!" Taehyung grabbed the glass right in time before it was able colliding with the floor. Sighing in relief, he straightened himself when hearing a bubbly giggle. The baby was happily wiggling in her highchair, her hands up to her mouth. Trying stuffing them inside.

"Ari, no," he exhaled and lowered her little hands down. For a few days now she had developed the habit of stuffing all kinds of things, even her own hands, into her mouth. His mother had said her first teeth might start to break through soon. Whatever it was, it made her constantly biting on something.
He attempted to feed her again. Her napkin being all smudged from the previous tries, but he was determined to do so. Sure 7-month-old babies tended not to obey, but she had usually been a rather affable child. He couldn't figure out what it was that day.

"Hm.. maybe the food?" He smelled the paste on the plastic spoon, not being able to sense anything weird though. "Don't you like it? I bought some new flavours to try." The baby girl was just staring at him with big eyes, continuing stuffing her fingers into her mouth. He grabbed another glass. Biting down on his tongue while opening it up.
"Let's try this one. You like it?" He smiled widely and took a spoon of the newly opened glass. It was one of her favorite ones, so she should like it. And indeed, as he sneaked the spoon into her mouth, she actually ate the paste. Making him smile in relief. "So it really was the new flavor. Noted," he nodded while giving her another spoon of the paste she actually liked. After finishing almost the whole glass, he wiped her mouth and little hands clean with a wet tissue. Placing her binky between der lips to prevent her fingers of ending up there again. The girl giggling as he did so. His brown eyes fell on the clock above her then.

"Crap," he muttered and picked her up. Quickly carrying her to the living room. "We've got to go," he announced, "The office is opening soon." Ari was just observing him as he brought her red shoes and matching red jacket. "I hope they take you," he sighed then, earning a blink from her. She smiled then, making him smile as well.

"You're right. Why wouldn't they? You're adorable after all."

»»»

The queue moved and Taehyung took a step forward. His arms growing heavy from carrying Ari the whole time. Him not having much of a choice though. His friend had broken her stroller and those things were quite expensive. He had to buy her a new one soon though or his arms would fall off.
His eyes wandered around. Most in line were young mothers, some fathers being there as well. They didn't have their children with them though, probably had left them somewhere. Something he couldn't. Everyone had been too busy with work this time of the day or lived too far to just quickly drop her off. Besides, he tried spending as much time with her as possible before starting work again.

The line moved again and he watched a couple enter the office. Only one more and it was their turn. To pass some time, he looked at the drawings of cut out animals and flowers on the walls. Some photos with the bigger, two and three year old children hung there as well. Overall a typical cheery day nursery.
"Next one, please," a friendly voice said from inside the office. Making him realise it was finally their turn. "Y-yes, hello," he said while entering. Adjusting his grip around Ari's little body. 

Two women were standing behind the desk. One was definitely older than the other. Probably around her fourties. The other one in her mid-twenties maybe. Both greeting him with a smile.
"I'm here to sign her up," he explained as he stepped in front of them. The older woman handed him a few pieces of paper then. Also placing a pen next to the documents. "Fill this out, please." Taehyung nodded and grabbed the pen. However, with Ari in his arm it was difficult to write anything down .
"I can carry her while you're filling in the application." He perked up, locking gazes with the younger woman. Her brown eyes were friendly staring at him. He nodded, indicating he accepted her kind offer and carefully placed the baby in her arms. Her smile immediately growing wider as she grabbed Ari from her little torso. Holding her up in her arms. "Hey, cutie. You'll get back to your daddy in a minute. Okay?" Ari was just staring at her with wide eyes. Starting playing with one of the woman's bracelets.
Taehyung had almost forgotten about the papers, shaking his head then. He started reading and filling them out carefully. Occasionally peeking at the baby who seemed too immersed in the woman's bracelets and long hair to care about him. He laughed under his breath before putting his signature at the bottom of the application. Handing them back to the daycare teacher.
"Ari Kim," she read out loud and scimmed over the rest in silence. Taehyung starting tapping his fingers as she was doing so. Hearing Ari's giggle then, he turned his head. Seeing she was being tickled in the neck.
"Alright, Mr. Kim." The teacher's voice made his head go back. "Everything seems to be fine. We'll inform you in about a week if Ari gets in or not."
His brows furrowed. "Is there a chance she isn't getting in?
"Well," the older woman started with a sigh, "This year we got an especially high number of applicants as the other daycare close by relocated further away. So there's a possibility that a small percentage won't be able to get accepted here."

He tried not to show his disappointment by offering her a small smile. There wasn't much he could do after all. "Alright, thank you," he said and went to take Ari back. The younger woman carefully putting her back in his arms. Even though Ari didn't seem to have finished playing with her new found toy. Her little hands reaching out to the woman, trying desperately to grab the bracelets. And she started whining when failing.
"Ari, no. We're going home now," he tried to calm her down with his soft voice as he walked towards the door, "You'll play with Mr Bear and the little penguin." However, she was unfased by his words, continuing whimpering for the bracelets.
"Wait," the young woman's friendly voice was heard then. Causing him to pause and glance behind him. She walked up to them, sliding a bracelet off her wrists. "Here little Ari," she said then and handed it to the baby, who all of a sudden stopped crying. Her cheeks still red and puffy, but nothing hinting to her being upset anymore. Happily staring at the blue beads in her little hands instead. As if she was hypnotised by them.

"This is yours though. Please keep it," Taehyung said and tried taking it from Ari's hands. Making the baby instantly frown. Ready to start whining again, when the woman shook her head.
"It's alright, she can keep it. It's not of any value anyway."
He nodded, thanking her with a small grin. "I hope Ari gets in," she wispered with a little smirk then, before rushing back behind the desk. He blinked surprised, giving her a nod. Appreciating her words.
After bidding goodbye to both teachers he made his way out. Observing the content expression on Ari's face with a chuckle as he carried her back to the car.
"Seems you always get what you want, don't you?"

Ari made a bubbly noise, focusing back on the bracelet. Taehyung zipped her jacket up and pressed her against his chest. Shielding her from the wind that was picking up. Spring couldn't arrive soon enough in his opinion.
Although he had always rather been a fan of the winter season, having to take care of a baby with low temperatures and freezing winds was more difficult than he had imagined. He could only hope that the warmer seasons would be easier to handle.

He took a glance at Ari. Her short dark hair stands swaying under her beanie. She was sucking on the bracelet she had got as a gift by now and he dragged a sigh. The little girl looking up at him with doe eyes. And his face softened. Her innocent, almost naive expression making his heart melt.

Being a single parent surely wasn't easy. But he would try his best for her.

»»»