"No, seriously I'm glad you're coming and I won't be alone," she awkwardly laughed then, fumbling with her fingers, "I must seem like a total loser for going to the cinema alone, right?"
He shook his head though, giving her a warm smile. "I'd never think of you as a loser."

»»»

"Don't go there, it's obviously a trap," Cassandra mumbled to herself. Eyes glued on the screen in front of her. Dragging a frustrated groan at the predictable consequences when seeing the soon-to-be victim following the unsub. "No, no, you idiot. Don't go." Her voice was almost a whine when a sudden noise made her jump up.
It was a light whimpering, almost cry. She immediately paused the episode of her favourite crime show and got up. Now a clear crying coming from the babyphone. She breathed out in relief, realising it was only Isavella. Not a serial killer trying breaking in. Perhaps watching crime shows alone in the middle of the night hadn't been a great idea after. It was the only time of the day she could catch up her shows in peace though. During the day she was too exhausted and mostly just took care of her daughter. Or napped along with her.

"Did you wake up?" she cooed when entering the bedroom. Stepping to Isavella's crib next to her own bed. "Aw, poor cutie. Let's see. Are you hungry?"
Carefully heaving the baby, she held her high to first check her diaper. No smell. Then it was most likely hunger, she concluded and carried her out. Holding her against her shoulder and rocking her a little in an attempt to calm her down.
"Yes, yes, I know. Just give me a second."
She sat down on her previous spot on the couch and pulled her shirt up. Holding Isavella's little head to her breast. The baby instantly calming down when starting sucking, finally getting fed.
It was one of the things Cassandra loved and yet disliked about being a mother. Obviously the closeness she felt in that moment to her little daughter was an indescripable wonderful feeling. However, it would also be slightly painful -when Isavella was too hungry and eager - and leave the area sore sometimes.
But with her turning six months now, she would soon stop breastfeeding and instead switch to follow-up milk. So in a way, she tried cherishing these last moments as much as she could. Even if they were a little painful at times.

Picking up the remote controller, she pressed play and continued the episode. Figuring out she had a few minutes to kill before Isavella was full.
The music got intenser when the unsub finally got the new victim where they wanted them, eventually kidnapping the man. Cassandra groaned again, looking down at the baby who was happily drinking. "You'll be smarter then this, you hear? You won't follow some strange noises."
Isavella let go and made a bubbly noise before getting back to drinking. Making Cassandra smile. "You agree, right?" The baby continued drinking with puffy cheeks and she focused back on the episode. The scene switching to the FBI agents investigating the case. Soon the baby let go of her mother's breast again, this time not attempting getting back to drinking. Indicating she was done with her meal. Cassandra noticed and pulled her shirt down. Sitting her up straight, "Oh, you're done already?"
Sometimes she felt like a psycho for talking with her all the time. After all, she didn't understand anything. It was like she was talking to herself. But she wanted to believe that Isavella did understand some things after all. Not always, but often. Besides, she didn't have anyone else to talk to but her baby. And she was sure talking to her would have a positive effect to her development. After all, same applied to plants -according to an article she had read once. So if it worked for plants, it should definitely work for babies, too.

Her daughter was staring at her wide-eyes. Expectingly. Her little fingers reaching for her mother. Cassandra smiled as she put a napkin on her shoulder and leaned the baby on it. Lightly patting her back. When she finally burbed, she lowered her onto her chest again. Wiping the saliva from her lips. "Now let's try getting you to sleep again."
However, the look on Isavella's eyes told her she was more interested in the tv. Trying turning her little head to the direction of the voices. Cassandra noticed and contemplated for a moment. The episode had only fifteen more minutes. Maybe she could finish it first before carrying her to bed. "Okay, but only this one. And then sleep," she said in a stern voice and sat Isavella down on her lap. Mother and daughter watching suspensefully how the agents analysed the unsub's behaviour.
Cassandra's favorite character continued talking, making smart conclusions as always. And she gushed all over him again. And Isavella enjoyed the way her mother's thighs went up and down underneath her when being excited. Giggling cutely.
"I should really stop crushing on fictional characters, right?" Cassandra laughed out then, glancing down at her baby who didn't understand her mother's frustration in any way and simply kept staring at the direction of the voices and the changing (and blurry to her) images. "Right, right. There's no harm to it. And it's not like there'd be anyo-" She paused, cutting herself mid-sentence while the people on the screen continued their discussion.

For some reason Taehyung popped up in her mind and their plan of going to the movies the following day. And the way his lips tucked into a lovely, almost childish grin when he laughed. And usually she would say this didn't have to mean much, since her crime shows had taught that even serial killers could seem like very charming people as well.
She was curious to see if her gut feeling would be proven to be true when it came to him after all.

»»»