Even when it came down to decorations and decorating they had Tesha Errol's new boo hook it up and April added her own personal touch as well. She wouldn't be her if she didn't. Her hands had to be in everything when it came to her girls. She was hands on. As far as the food all of the women had come together and made a whole ass feast. There was an array of finger foods for the kids and more than enough food for the adults to choose from. They even had some meals catered so everything was set. Not only was it Boss Baby 2 theme but they mixed it with carnival games and sweets. There were cotton candy machines, snow cone and ice cream stands, popcorn stands, gigantic lollipops and sweets galore. Whatever a kid could dream of that was what they had. She even got a Boss Baby 2 theme cake made along with matching cupcakes. There were a few bouncy houses and a bunch of other activities to get into. The more April thought about it the more she thought the party was more for Chris and Dave so they could use the kids as an excuse to be big kids themselves. Nonetheless it had turned out way better than they had all expected.

Everyone was pretty much dressed and ready except April. She had gotten the kids ready at Chris's house and now she was back at her house in her closet looking for a pair of jeans to wear. She had already gotten her hair done in long black to blonde three tone ombre' butterfly locs with curls at the end and her nails were simple medium length stilettos with natural pink polish with gold foil tips. Her brows were freshly arched so she had no last minute shit to think about besides getting dressed. April rummaged through her jean inventory looking for the perfect pair while listening to Kehlani's playlist on Pandora. Between Kehlani, Summer Walker, and K. Michelle they had been April's voice of reason these days. They fit her current vibe. She was on her fuck niggas get money shit. She didn't want to sit around and sulk all day over a nigga who wasn't willing to fight for her or what they had. She had done enough crying the month they called it quits and she refused to shell out anymore tears.

"Problematic you know that dick always been problematic somehow I'm always caught up in your dramatics" she sang lowly to herself along with the song playing which was Toxic by Kehlani. Just as she reached for a pair of jeans she smelled that familiar smell and her stomach hit an instant back flip. She hated how her body betrayed her and how her senses were still too in tune with him...him being Dave. No matter what she did to relieve herself of him he was still there and it was no escaping him. He was in her space and she didn't have to see him to know that he was there. Her body could sense him close by and she could smell his scent as if he was standing right in front of her. She hated that shit with a passion. It was pure torture. She hated the way they were now. These days they were only cordial for the sake of the kids because when it came to how April felt about him all she wanted to do was smack some sense into him. In the last three months he still hadn't gotten his shit together and from where she was standing it looked like he never would. So she was on her if she didn't have anything nice to say then she wasn't going to say anything at all shit.

"How can I help you David" she asked in a dull tone as she pulled a pair of jeans down from the rack without looking back at him then made her way to her sneaker collection since she knew she would be doing a whole lot of running around. She knew her girls were going to keep her on her toes today. These days she clung to the girls because they gave her something else to keep her focused on. They made everything better. With them she didn't have to question their love or if she was enough for them. She knew they loved her unconditionally and that's all she ever wanted.

"When you gonna stop calling me David" Dave asked as he walked further into her closet as the scent of his expensive cologne, a hint of cocoa butter, and weed permeated the room and her nose. No matter how much she wasn't fuckin with him these days she still loved the smell of him. His smell was still her favorite scent. It was still intoxicating. It was like honey to a bee and all it did was lure her to him.