Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

Actually...had anyone informed Dean that the twins had been born so that a press release could be sent out?

Deciding she could worry about that later, Mal drew her attention back to the matter at hand.

Yep yesterday was the day Jay. I'm tired and still slightly drugged up but I'm fine. Tell Lonnie I say hi back - MBLB

Thanks cuz! Come over whenever you like though I think Ben's family's going to come this morning. Geene and Chip weren't here when the twins were born and they want to meet them. But enough about me, how're you doing? My niece or nephew being good? - MBLB

Over the moon and in love with them already but then again, did you expect anything else from Ben? - MBLB

As long as you're okay that's all that matters. Well you and the twins of course. - J

The little guppy was active last night Mali but Harry insists they were just practicing their footwork for sparring. - UH

Why does that not surprise me? *laughing face* - HH

Mal chuckled as she continued to text her friends, Ben arriving with one of the nurses to get Stephanie and Maurice fed.

"I really wish I could help," Mal said, looking up from her phone.

The nurse smiled at her. "I know your highness, and had your delivery not involved a caesarean, normally you'd be able to by this point. But we don't want you potentially pulling your stitches so the doctor said for the next day, no heavy lifting."

"...Is this doctor a robot?"

"We do have Baymax robots if you'd like to have one visit to get your children used to him. They're normally in our pediatric wing so adults aren't likely to interact with one."

Mal shook her head. "Why am I not surprised?"

Ben chuckled. "Go back to your text chain, Mal. Your phone's going crazy. I'm guessing Uma, Harry, and Jay?"

"How'd you know?" Mal asked, giving her husband a small smile.

Ben shook his head. "Who else would they be?"

"Emir? Akiho? Elle? Macaria? Gil? Hadie? Rea? Chip?"

"Emir and Akiho have pregnant wives of their own, Elle and Macaria have the mental link and why Uma's not using that herself I don't know, Gil's at work, Hadie and Rea have the mental link and Chip's coming this morning."

"He is?"

"Of course he is! You honestly think he'd turn down the chance to see his niece and nephew?"

"I thought we were keeping the twins away from Chip until we knew whether or not his insanity was contagious though?"

"You know we can't do that," Ben said with a small chuckle as a very excited Genevieve raced into their room. "Hey Geene!"

"Young lady, you were told not to run ahead of your maman," Beast said as he walked in, his voice firm but his fond head shake lessening the scolding effect.

"Sorry papa," Genevieve said with a small smile. "I was just excited to see les bebes."

Belle smiled as she walked into the room. "I think we can forgive her just this once."

"Yes, I suppose we can," Beast nodded, a smile gracing his lips as he saw his grandchildren. It was honestly amazing that they were here, that they were in the world.

"Here Geene, let me lift you up," Ben said as Genevieve was standing on her tip toes to try to see the twins. "Which one do you want to see?"

"I think she's so excited right now, it won't matter to her," Mal chuckled as Ben scooped up his little sister.