The Video Camera

Eddie's POV.

"Eddie. Eddie!" I turned, seeing Steve approaching me. "Listen, man, uh, I'm sorry about what happened, you know with Y/n and everything. I was being a dick. And I also wanted to thank you, not only for taking care of my sister this whole time but also, you know, for saving my ass back there." He chuckled nervously, awaiting my answer.

"Shit. You saved your own ass back there. I mean, that was a real Ozzy move you pulled back there." I commented.

"Ozzy?"

"When you took a bite out of that bat. Ozzy Osbourne? Black Sabbath? He bit a bat's head off on-stage."

"I don't-"

"You know?"

"No."

"Doesn't matter. It's very metal, what you did. That's all I'm saying."

"Thanks."

"Henderson told me you were a bad ass. Insisted on the matter, in fact." I told him, remembering all the times that I had to hear Steve's name.

"Henderson said that?"

"Oh yeah. Shit. Kid worships you, dude. You have no idea. It's kinda annoying, to be honest." I said, hearing a chuckle from Steve. "I don't know why I even care what that little shrimp thinks, but I guess I got a little jealous, Steve... I guess I couldn't accept the fact that Steve Harrington was actually... a good dude. Rich parents, popular, chicks love him. Not a douche? No way, man. That's flies in the face of all the laws in the universe, and my own personal Munson doctrine." I spoke, kind of forgetting that I was in fact speaking to someone. "Still super jealous as hell, by the way."

"Right." He laughed.

"Which is why I would never have jumped in that lake to save your ass, not under any normal circumstances..." I faltered, hearing distant screeching, but continued nonetheless. "Nope. Outside of D&D I am no hero. I see danger and I just turn heel and run. That's what I've learned about myself this week.

"Give yourself a break, man."

"See." I stopped walking, gaining Steve's attention. "The only reason I came in here was because those ladies came in straight after you. I was too ashamed to be the one who stayed behind. But Wheeler, right there..." I pointed to Nancy. "She didn't waste a second. Not one second. She just dove right in. And Y/n... God, she can't even swim. But when she saw you getting pulled into the water, she jumped in as well and she struggled to get to the bottom of the lake, but she did it. For you. Now, I don't know what happened between you and Nancy, but if I were you, I would get her back. Because that was an unambiguous sign of true love as these cynical eyes have ever seen." I waited for his denial. For him to start his speech about whatever was between the two of them was long gone, but instead, the ground started to shake. Everyone stood firmly, balancing on their two feet, trying to keep themselves from hitting the ground. "Here we go again." I gritted my teeth.

"Nancy!" I heard Robin's voice ahead. I looked up, seeing the girls following Nancy somewhere. Steve and I shared a look, silently agreeing to follow the girls. We ran after them, only stopping when they had.

"Come on." Nancy ordered as she continued to walk. The rest of us followed. We knew Nancy was smart enough to get us somewhere, so we silently walked all the way until we reached a house. The Wheeler's house.

We walked in, the house was covered in vines and dirt. "Might be time to get a maid, Wheeler." Robin spoke.

"Come on. I don't want to stay here longer than we have to." She said, heading up the stairs. Nancy entered her room, us just following her steps. She reached into her closet, picking up a box and putting it on her vanity. She unpacked it, revealing... shoes.

"Those aren't guns." I said.

"Smart ass." Y/n gave me a nudge.

"Those shoes are a bit pointy, but I was hoping for something along the lines of a deadly projectile." Robin said disappointed.

Nancy looked inside the box one more time, hoping that the shoes would shift into something else. "I don't understand."

"Maybe you left it somewhere else?" I asked.

"I'll look around." Y/n took a step towards the closet and started to go through it.

"There's a six-year-old in the house, I know where I keep my guns." She said, a little pissed off. "And also... I threw these away years ago." With a suspicious look on her face, she picked up notes that were laying on the vanity, going through each one.

"I get that grades are important to you, but perhaps studying can wait until we get out."

"These are from sophmore chemistry." Nancy ignored Robin's sarcastic comment. "And this... this wallpaper. This is old wallpaper." She started walking around frantically. "And this mirror went to a yard sale. And you..." She picked up a stuffed animal. "You're not supposed to be here. I gave you to cousin Joana two years ago." Then she went over to her bedside table picking up a diary. When she looked inside it, her face went pale.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"Nancy? You're freaking me out." Robin said. Searching for answers as well.

"I think the reason that my guns aren't here... is because they don't exist yet."

"They don't... exist?" I asked her.

"This diary should be full of entries. It's not. The last entrie is November 6th, 1983. The day Will wen't missing. The day the gate opened. We're in the past."

"Hey!" I felt a tug on my shirt. "Look what I found." Y/n pointed a video camera at me. "Say cheese."

"Not the time, Sweetheart."

"I'm just trying to brighten the mood."

"I know you are." I smiled, kissing her cheek.

"So, tell me a little bit about yourself, sir." She put on a deep voice, pointing the camera right at my face. Robin and Nancy stared at us, not knowing what to do or say.

"Uh, my names Eddie..." I cleared my throat. "I'm in Hawkins High. I'm in a band. And I'm trying to save the world." I smiled at the camera. Y/n turned it off, happy with the result.

"Dustin! Dustin!"

"Is that Steve yelling?" Y/n asked. We all rushed downstairs to find Steve shouting at nothing. Gone completely mental.

"Maybe he does have rabies." Robin pointed out. At this point I didn't even question that possibility.

"Dustin?! Hello! Dus- Dustin!"

"Steve what are you doing?"

"He's here. Henderson. That little shit, he's here, he's like... He's in the walls or something. Just listen." He stopped talking, searching for Dustin's voice. "Dustin. Dustin! Dustin! Can you hear me."

Just when I was about to say he was going mental, I started to hear it too. Dustin's voice echoing through the living room.

"Holy shit." I whispered.