The Plan

Y/n's POV.

"Get in!" Eddie helped me into the boat.

"Why are we running?" I asked him as I stepped into the boat.

"You asked me that three minutes ago."

"Did I?"

"And three minutes before that." He sighed. Eddie pushed the boat further into the lake before jumping in. He pushed my body down into a sitting position as he tried to turn on the engine of the boat. "This old thing is never going to turn on." He said frustrated as the boat floated further away.

"Hey, freak!" I turned to look at the source of the voice. On the edge of the lake were two boys from the basketball team.

"Oh, hey, guys!" I waved, smiling up at them. "There's plenty of space in the boat if you guys want to jump in. We got beer!" I lifted up a bottle.

"Stop that." Eddie turned to me. His eyes gazed at the bottle in my hand. "Where did you get that?"

"I have no idea. I think I just found it here." I shrugged.

"God, I regret giving you that joint."

"Turn the boat around. Let's go get the rest of the party." I pointed to the boys. One of them already getting undressed to jump in the lake.

"Darling, the rest of the party is trying to get us killed." He said sweetly. It melted my heart how much patience he had with me. He continued trying to get the engine to turn on. The other guy from the basketball team jumped in the lake after his friend. "Damn it." Eddie turned to where I was sitting. He grabbed an oar and started rowing. "Can you swim?" He asked me.

"In the lake or in general?"

"The lake."

"No."

"In general?"

"No."

"For fuck's sake." He ran a hand through his hair. The two guys were getting closer. When one of them were getting a little too close, Eddie gave up on rowing. Instead, he swung the oar in the air, trying to scare the two guys away. "Stay back!"

"Hey, come on, let's go. We almost have them!" The guy yelled back at his friend who had stopped swimming. "Hey, Patrick! Patrick!"

"Patrick!" I shouted after the guy who had stopped swimming. "Patty! That's his nickname, right?" I asked the other guy, who simply ignored me.

All of a sudden Patrick was pulled into the water. It's like he wasn't even there before. The water had gones still. Suddenly his body was lifted from the water, floating in the air. The sudden movement of the water made the boat rock, making Eddie fall over and into the water.

"Eddie!" I looked into the water. Thankfully, unlike me, Eddie could swim. I turned back to the floating body. Memories from Chrissy flooding my mind. "Not this again."

Patrick's bones started breaking, just like Chrissy's had. His jaw snapping. His fingers bending into different angles. Calves and thigs turning their own way. And the worst part... the eyes when they get sucked into their skulls. And then he fell into the dark water.

Eddie's POV.

"Okay. Wait here. I'll handle it." I told Y/n as I started walking. I needed a talky to be able to reach Steve, Nancy or Robin or just someone. But then I halted, turning to Y/n.

"What is it?"

"I'm scared."

"Want me to go with you, darling?" She asked.