13 👑 Life and Death

Start from the beginning

"Brother, why don't you punish her? Attempting to kill the Emperor is considered treason." Rhea spoke for the first time. Her voice was sharp and arrogant.

"I am telling this again, Hyesoo didn't try to kill Hyung. She protected him." Taehyung sounded annoyed. He wasn't trying to save her, he only stood for the truth. He had seen the worry and fear in the Queen's eyes. He knew Hyesoo genuinely cared for Yoongi.

"But that doesn't hide the fact that his majesty went into the forest late at night! It was that stubborn whore's fault! She deliberately did this-"

"SHUT UP, MIN RHEA!" Taehyung's deep voice echoed in the hall. No one dared to speak after that. "I am responsible for the throne in the absence of the king, so I decide what to do or what not to do! I don't want any suggestions, am I clear?!"

"Taehyung, please... I can't stand her a moment." The Queen mother weakly spoke from his arms.

"Rhea, take Mother to her room and be with her. I'll inform you about the Emperor's condition at intervals."

The addressed lady glared at Hyesoo before leaving with the old woman. Hyesoo gaped at the Prince with wide eyes. She couldn't believe he was trying to defend her. They had never spoken nicely with each other. Thus, his act seemed unusual to the Realian princess. "T-thank you, Prince-"

She couldn't complete the sentence as the door opened. One of the many physicians who were treating Yoongi came out. Nari rushed to him before anyone else. "Doctor, how is he?? How is my Yoongi?!"

Hyesoo spotted another man who just arrived. She remembered seeing him with Yoongi once. She returned her gaze to the doctor who had a worried face.

"The poison is very strong. The chances of survival are glim. We are trying our best. We can't say anything before six hours. Please pray for the Emperor." He slightly bowed and walked out, closing the door behind him.

Nari busted into more tears hearing him. Hyesoo felt like the ground beneath her feet was removed. She stumbled until her back hit the wall, eyes wider than saucers. "This can't be happening...", she whispered, "Yoongi... cant be dead after everything we have gone through."

Her heart constricted and it became difficult for her to breathe. Hot tears streamed down her eyes. She wanted to scream but her voice was stuck. She felt sick in her stomach.

"Seokjin, take your sister to her room and then meet me in my cabin." The new man nodded and escorted Nari out of the corridor despite of her protest not to leave Yoongi alone. Taehyung turned his attention to the panicked queen.

Hyesoo was still covered in blood. Her dress was soaked and a sticky layer of blood and sweat dried up on her cheeks all the way down to her neck. Her hair was a mess and her light blue dress was covered with patches of blood. She looked horrible.

The Realian princess flinched when he touched her shoulders. His eyes softened seeing her broken state. "Hyung will be all right." Her tear-filled eyes darted up. "Go get cleaned up and have some rest."

"I cant... I can't leave him. It was my fault." She sobbed. "I don't want anything to happen to him, please."

Taehyung pressed his lips to form a line and nodded, "I believe you. If standing here did any good to him then I would have forced you to do so till he wakes up but we know the better. So please go back to your room." Hyesoo didn't protest anymore as the maids escorted her to her room.

👑~👑

"Seokjin... I need your assistance to manage the throne. We shall be prepared for the worst case." Taehyung rubbed his temples.