Chapter 2

Short read. edit: anong short read?? 2k?? short read??
_________

"What? Later na nga," I hissed.

"Anong later? Bakit parang natotorpe ka na ngayon, ha?" Eros said, glaring at me as if I am doing something that is going to affect him-- and I am not! Hindi ko na siya pinansin at saglit akong napatigil nang huminto na si AJ sa harap namin, nakatalikod habang nasa tapat kami ng Classroom ni Mia.

Sakto din ang pagdating namin ay kaagad namang lumabas ang isang Teacher mula sa classroom nila, binati namin siya bago nagsimulang magsilabasan ang mga students doon.

I decided to head towards the railings, having a view of the ground floor, and leaned my back on there leaving the two at the first entrance ng classroom, standing and waiting for Mia to go out. Wala naman akong choice kanina kundi sumama sa kanila, magisa naman ako kung 'di ako sasama, at ayaw na ayaw ko ang feeling na yun. Being alone is just sad, it's peaceful but I can have alone time after school naman which is enough. 

Multiple conversations echo in the hallway, a huge amount of voices along with loud footsteps that I don't even know how they do it. The floor is made out of cement, that's just so weird. Ilan ilang ang napapansin kong nakatingin sa 'kin, pero hindi ko na lang yun pinansin. Paniguradong nalilito din sila kung bakit pa ako andito.

I already assume they know me. And based on their looks, I think it's safe to assume my thoughts are right. They might have noticed how I rarely go with my friends to fetch Mia, which they do almost everyday, and even twice a day-- for I'm usually with the girls I talk to in specific moments, I don't really like them being around with my friends, especially Eros kasi baka kung ano ano lang ang sasabihin niya. Yet it seems like mapapadalas ang pagbisita ko dito, since Kylie and Daryn are classmates with Mia.

I tried to avoid eye contact with anyone, looking away whenever I meet a pair of eyes. Eye contacts… they're weird. I don't know how but I sometimes get anxious in a sudden when I'm looking at someone, and they're looking back at me. That's why I rather ignore people.

Not long after Mia comes out, I notice familiar presence around. It wasn't Mia, but someone else. I tried to ignore it and stood up straight as Mia's eyes shifted to mine, she smiled at me brightly as she stood beside AJ before I started to walk towards them. "No chicks today?" She asked, chuckling. I rolled my eyes from her, jokingly, making her laugh. I suddenly caught AJ looking at me, making me look back at him before he looks away.

"Let's go na, baka isasara na yung gate ngayon," he said, and when he turned around, he immediately froze. I can hear him groan, tilting his head slightly upwards, as my forehead creased.

"Uy, Rean!" I hear Eros called, standing in front of me with his back facing me. I peaked from AJ's back, and suddenly saw a familiar female figure, walking towards us with her hand slowly waving just leveling her chest. She's wearing her signature bright smile on her face, with the left part of her hair is tucked behind her ears, yet also leaving a couple of short strands that seems like over grown bangs covering a part of her eyebrow. 

For a moment, I found myself staring before her eyes suddenly on mine. And there, her smile loosened up, left with a small yet oddly left like it was bigger than what she had just a second ago. 

I expected her to look away, walk pass by me to where she is supposed to go. I didn't want to approach her just yet for some reason, it felt like I had so much time in the world this time. But I thought wrong. Her eyes were locked on mine as she walks closer and closer to me, it was just for seconds before she was already inches away from me. Yet it felt like it wasn't. 

"Hi. Gino, right?" she asked, cheerfully with her hand suddenly in front of me, pointing at my direction seemingly to be initiating a hand shake. "I'm Stella," she adds. I felt the corner of my lips rose, before I took my hand from my hoodie's front pocket and before I knew it it already had contact with her soft descent sized hand.