7) Do Over Date/I Gotchu

Start from the beginning

"You will, when you officially mines." Romeo said nonchalantly.

"I said that out loud?"

"Mmhm."

"Oh."

"Don't worry bae." He blew his horn at a man that walked into the middle of the street.

"You wasn't even in the crosswalk bitch!" He yelled after the man flipped him off.

"Fuck you!" The man shot back.

"Ya mama did that already!"

Romeo sped off as he turned up the music. Tupac's Greatest Hits blared through his speakers.

I laughed at him as he continued to talk shit about the man.

"Ol Debo lookin ass nigga. Wish I hadda brick cause I would a Craiged that ass. Muhfucka's make me wanna smoke." He rambled on.

"Calm down honey." I laughed.

"I am cal- Did you just call me 'honey'?" He turned to me.

"Yes..."

"Aw, I feel special."

Romeo wiped a fake tear and sniffled. I shook my head at his antics.

A few minutes later, we pulled into the driveway of a nice house. He cut the engine and got out, coming to my side.

I followed him into his beautiful home and stared in awe.

"Welcome to mi casa. You like?"

"I love. This is beautiful Romeo."

"Thanks. You said you love to cook right?"

I looked at him crazily as we walked into his kitchen. He turned to me and saw my face. Shrugging his shoulders, he raised an eyebrow.

"What? I can't cook, that's why I asked." He defended.

"Yeah, I said that." I responded.

"Cool, you on dinner duty. I said 'dooty'." He laughed at his own childish behavior.

"Wow, just wow."

I went into his freezer and found a pack of chicken breast. I put it in the sink, letting it thaw in hot water.

After searching in his cabinets, I decided to make baked chicken with homemade macaroni and cheese, French style green beans, and yeast rolls.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Romeo

I watched as Jehari cooked dinner. Her skin glowed as she gracefully moved around the kitchen.

She had removed her hoodie and I noticed the scars on her arms. Other than that, she was flawless. But those scars had my mind doing flips.

I guess she noticed me staring at her ams, because she spoke up as she handed me a plate.

"I used to cut back in highschool. I was bullied about my skin color and I had just lost my father right before my freshman year. I haven't cut since I found out my mother had cancer." She explained.

"Damn." I was speechless.

Jehari nodded as she gave me a bottle of water before fixing her own plate. Getting her own bottle of water, she sat next to me at the island.

"I have em on my thighs too."

"Didn't it hurt?"

"When you're hurting mentally and emotionally, that seems to numb the physical pain."