5) Mama

This part is also short. Forgive me.

I helped my mother into my car after we left church. Going around to my side, I got in and started the car.

"Where do you wanna go for lunch mommy?" I turned to her.

"Uh, how about Applebee's."

I nodded and turned into the direction of the restaurant. As I drove, Boyz II Men's Mama played. I turned it up a little as I sang to my mother.

Mama

Mama you know I love you

Mama

Mama you're the queen of my heart

Your love is like tears from the stars

Mama I just want you to know

Lovin' you is like food to my soul

As I parked, I looked at my mom who smiled.

"I love you mama."

"I love you too my baby."

Getting out, I went to my mom's side and opened her door. Once she was out of  the car, I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and walked inside the restaurant.

"Welcome to Applebee's. Just you two?" A pretty Asian girl greeted us.

"Yes, can we get a booth please?" I asked.

"Mmhm, follow me."

We followed her to a booth and she handed us our menu's.

"Nyla will be your waitress."

"Thank you." My mom smiled.

She nodded bed ore walking away. Shortly after a short light skin girl approached us.

"Hi, my name is Nyla. What can I get you to drink?"

"I'll take an ice tea please." My mom stated politely.

"I'll take a water, extra ice please."

"Okay, I'll be right back. I love your hair by the way." She complimented with a smile.

"Thank you."

"Mmhm."

She walked away and I turned to my mom.

"How have you been baby?" My mom asked.

"Good."

"You got a man yet?"

I playfully rolled my eyes and smacked my lips. Looking out the window, I spoke.

"No mom."

"Yet. I know it's a man who got your attention."

My head turned quick as Nyla put our drinks down. We thanked her before ordering.

"Can I have a chicken ceasar salad?"

"Dressing?"

"Ranch."

My mom ordered a shrimp salad with Italian and we continued our conversation.

"How do you know?"

"Cause. I know you."

I shook my head with a chuckle. My mom was kind of right. Romeo has had my attention.

"Check your phone." My mom stated.

Pulling my phone out of my purse, I turned it on. And sure enough, Romeo had just texted me.

RomeoIzBae: Hey lil mama, I just wanted to let you know that you on my mind. I miss you and you ain't even mines. Yet.

I'll call you later boo.

I smiled at the text, making my mom snatch my phone. She grinned and handed me my phone back.

"That's ya man?" She smirked.

"No."

"Stop lying girl."

"He's not." I shook my head.

"Mmhm. He will be."

"No he won't."

"He said it himself. You're not his yet."

I rolled my eyes at my mother's antics as Nyla brought our food out.

"Thanks."

"Mmhm."

"Do you have a picture of him?" My mom asked randomly.

"Hold on."

Picking up my phone, I went to my Instagram app and found a picture of him. Handing my mom the phone, I went back to my salad.

"Well hello Mr. Romeo. He's a cutie Jehari."

I laughed at my mother. To be sick, she was so full of energy.

"I know."

"How old is he?"

"Twenty three."

"Oh, you like them older. I see you."

All I could do was shake my head. Rose Wilson is something else. As I thought about her, tears formed in my eyes.

At forty years old, she found out she had stage four cancer. Over time, it got worse. Now at forty five, she was living in a hospice and walking around with tubes in her nose. She only left the hospice for church.

I started stripping when her insurance lasped. At seventeen, I started working at Club Seduction just to pay my mother's hospital bills.

Although she didn't approve, after I explained the situation to her, she had no choice but to deal with it.

I just want to make her proud of me.

Mama you're the queen of my heart....

This part sucked, but yeah.

Rose Wilson: Sheryl Lee Ralph

In the MM is Rose and for you youngins out there the song. Half y'all don't even know who Boyz II Men is. Lol Jk.