"It's not going to happen baby, so don't worry." He whispered, shooting me a confident wink while his arm tightened around my shoulders. "Sadly, I have prefect duty tonight. First one of the term. I'm going to have to get going. I'll see you in the morning, love." He sighed as he carefully removed my body from his.

"Wait-" I grabbed his hand while he was trying to stand from the couch. "You promise me it's prefect duty." I asked him lowly, remembering the last time he told me that's where he was running off to— right before I got cheated on.

My heart started pounding as I looked at him pleadingly. It wasn't that I didn't trust him, but I trusted him the last time and we saw how that turned out.

"Yes, I promise." He bent down and kissed my lips lovingly. "What? Do you think I'd cheat on my fiancé? You must be going mental, Emmy Jane." Draco scoffed jokingly as he made fun of me. I pecked his lips again gently, making my own lips turn to a smile.

"Having a fiancé at 16 sounds mental," I giggled, making his lips curl at the edges as his face hovered over mine. He picked up my left hand in his before his lips placed themselves on the ring hugging my finger.

"Crazy is as crazy does." He whispered softly before he ruffled his hand through my hair and left me on the couch.

Blaise and I walked through the courtyard as we traveled to our next class together. He had been leading me around since breakfast when Draco never showed, almost like he was a puppy dog following me. He even sat in Draco's seats in class, not letting me leave his sights.

I tried asking Blaise what Draco was up to, but he said there was no use in asking questions if he couldn't give me any answers. It was starting to get annoying at this rate.

"Honestly, how is he just going to skip every class we have today?!" I questioned Blaise. "It's preposterous!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air and feeling angry that everyone always kept me in the dark.

"Yeah, like the Dark Lord gives two shits about any of our educations anymore." Blaise chuckled quietly. I glared at him through the sides of my eyes before I started walking faster to get away from him.

"I'm not the one that left you high and dry today, don't take it out on me!" Blaise called after me as he sped up his own pace. His long strides caught up to me quickly, making me roll my eyes.

"You are leaving me high and dry because you won't tell me anything!" I shouted, gaining the unwanted attention of more students around us as I stopped in my tracks.

"Keep your voice down." Blaise warned me through gritted teeth.

"No!" I shouted back, just as angry.

"Em," a voice pulled me away from Blaise as I turned to look behind me. "I haven't seen you in a while. Why don't you walk with me?" Harry said, nodding his head to the side and waiting for me to join him. I turned to look at Blaise with daggers in my eyes.

"Don't you dare." Blaise warned quietly as he glanced back at Harry. He narrowed his eyes to try and intimidate him, but I needed a break from all of these idiots and Harry was one of the only friends I had that wasn't involved in these stupid arrangements.

"Gladly." I seethed, clutching my bag tighter before I paced to Harry's side.

He lead the way to our charms class, not saying much at first. I felt my breathing even out as we walked slowly, the sun shining through the windows of the corridors and the students chattering around us filling my ears.

"Engaged to marry." Harry said shortly, nodding his head slowly. I gulped once as I nodded my head in agreement, but I wasn't quite sure he could even see it as he kept his gaze forward.