He grinned and pulled her closer. "Or we could elope, get married, and spend a few days cooped up in a resort or something." A mischievous glimmer appeared in his eyes.

"Nah, that's not happening. We are going to do things the proper way," Dora said and pulled back.

"Oh yes, I am definitely going to do right by you." A loving smile graced his lips.

"I know you will." Dora sent him an affectionate smile. "And besides, just so you know,  vacationing in a resort is at the top of my wishlist and I want the experience to be magical." She produced a toothed grin.

"The view from my room has to be the ocean and the beach. I want to feel and see them even when I am not near them."

"A resort, eh?" A glint flickered in his eyes. "What activities do you want to do there?"

Dora's smile didn't waver. "I would definitely love to try out scuba diving and watch a movie under the stars." A dreamy look marred her face.

"Well then, consider all your wishes fulfilled." His lips formed into a grin.

                    ★★END★★

The screeching of the car on gravel jolted Dora out of her daydreaming and her eyes darted around in confusion. Finally, they stopped on Gerald who was staring at her with worry.

"Are you okay?" Frown lines marred his forehead.

"Yes," she croaked out.

Her eyes drifted back to the words written on the signpost and her heartbeat raced.

He remembers! Amazement washed through her.

So deep in thought, Dora didn't notice Gerald alight and come to her side to open her door.

"Shall we?" A hand appeared before her.

Her eyes traveled up and she gazed at Gerald. A myriad of feelings swelled within her and caused her nerves to itch.

Gerald sent her an encouraging smile. She swallowed a lump to moisten her suddenly dry throat.

Be on the move, Adaora. Said a small voice.

If you wait any longer, it will become embarrassing.

With that in mind, she swiftly placed her hand in his own and let him pull her out of the car. The cool breeze wafting around caressed her.

Gerald came to stand beside her. Her eyes traveled to the black bag in his left hand and they stopped on the bag in his right hand. It was none other than her red duffel bag. The white stars dotted on it gleamed at her.

Her brows wrinkled and she wondered how Tara snuck it out of the house without her notice.

"Let's head to the hotel," Gerald's voice drew her back to reality. "The evening chill is picking up."

Dora bobbed her head and forced her legs to move. Her hand gripped the handles of her handbag.

The duo climbed up a flight of stairs covered with marble tiles. Dora had a tight grip on her bag and her other hand clutched the railings of the stairs. Guests of the hotel pranced up and down the steps.

A huge glass door automatically swung open and they slipped in. A cold gust of wind slapped Dora and she shivered.

Her eyes scanned the lobby of the resort and a feeling of awe welled within her.