Chapter Two Rewritten

Hello people!! Magical day, isn't it? Lol no jk life sucks:)

Oh and btdubs, I know this is in humour I swear I plan to make it funnier after I get the depressing stuff out of the way:)

Loves ya all!

Chapter Two

Crying was hard work. It takes loads out of you, and gives you a massive headache that you can't shake, no matter how much drugs you take.

After my parents ...or guardians (or whatever they were) broke the news of my impending departure, I went and cried to V, eventually pretending to fall asleep so she could leave.

Now, here I was. I wasn't crying anymore. Just lying. I think I've gone numb. Numbness tends to be a side effect of having your world ripped out from underneath you.

But the numbness wasn't the worst part. No, not even close. It's what came after that, the torment. The thinking.

Why would the people downstairs claim to be my parents, but not be? Who would give them orders to do that? Where was I going? Who were my real parents? Are they still alive? Is Chris my real brother? Did/do my real parents know what I'm going through now? Did/do they care?

Why couldn't my 'guardians' tell me anything?

Yeah. Thinking was defiantly the worst part. And no matter what I did, I couldn't stop. I couldn't sleep. Just more questions arose, and the more I thought the more hollow I felt.

The one question that nagged me the most: Why am I here?

The question was ridiculous. And I didn't come close to finding a reasonable answer in my head.

Maybe I was dreaming? I pinched myself.

Shit that hurt.

**

"Ugh." I rolled over in bed.

"Uhhh." I rolled over again, this time having the strength to get up and check the time.

"Lovely. 8 am on a Saturday?" I slowly sat up and looked around. I couldn't sleep.

Heartbreaking, isn't it?

Crawling out of bed I reached my en suite, flipping the switch for the shower and getting in.

I turned on my music on my phone, turning up really high and dancing to it.

Singing in the shower brings me joy.

Suddenly halfway through jamming to 'Lego House' by Ed Sheeran while rinsing suds of of my hair, the events of the night before came rushing back.

I slipped mid shimmy and fell to the floor of the shower.

So it was all real then. Michael and Sheila weren't my real parents. I'm being sent away to a boarding school.

I sat there for a minute, letting soap run into my eyes, the burn distracting me from my pain.

Whoa there. Not to be emo or anything.

Suddenly a knock sounded on my bathroom door, knocking me out of my trance.

"Eva, hurry. Someone will be here soon to explain everything to you." Sheila said to the door, then I heard a shuffling as she left.

Like a cold, hard slap, her voice drew me out of my pity session. I got up, wiping tears out of my eyes.

Quickly finishing my shower I got dressed in holy pants (I figured I needed a bit of Jesus in my day) and a green sweatshirt.

Hopefully wherever we are it won't be too hot... Eh whatever.

Ascending the stairs, I rounded to corner of the hall to see a warm meal sitting on the table with no owner.

Weird.

Then I surveyed the room a bit more, eyes falling curiously on a short blonde middle aged woman sitting across the table from it.

"Eva! Take a seat," the woman said in a soft dreamy voice, one I would associate with a hypnotist. And in an English accent. Omg. I somewhat slowly took a seat in front of the food.

I immediately knew it was for me, nobody else would eat my leftover California burrito for breakfast.

Because its my leftover burrito.

Mine.

I took a bite.

"Heavenly," I whispered under my breath, my mouth full.

"Oops!" I talked with my mouth full again, disregarding the fact that the reason I said it in the first place was because of the very action.

I swallowed. "Awkward."

The woman laughed lightly, shook her head and said "Americans".

Should I take offence to that?

Eh, she had an epic accent so I'm going to let it slide.

Slip 'n slide.

"So, Eva, how are you today?" The lady asked, picking up a coffee (or if she's British it's probably tea) mug and took a sip.

"Seriously?" I assume this lady knows about the crap that is my life as of now.

She's probably Michael and Sheila's boss.

"Of course. I'm sorry. How inconsiderate of me!" She seemed genuinely sorry. "I am Professor Lovegood," she stuck out her hand.

"Professor. Prestigious." I said, knowing I was being rude. But I didn't care, I think I have a little it of a right to be a bitch if I want to, yeah? No? Only me? Kay.

Then I realised what she said her name was. I choked. "Lovegood?"

"Oh yes. I assume you've heard of me?" Uh... How do I respond to that? "Michael and Sheila did say our story had become quote popular in the muggle world. Should have assumed, I guess."

Omg.

Somebody call the panic hotline.

Or an insane asylum.

Or poison control.

Holy Friholies someone poisoned my food.

Cause no way in hell is Luna freaking Lovegood sitting across the table from me right now. No. Freaking. Way.

I just kinda sat there, looking dumb. I didn't know what to say.

Because I doubt 'Oh yes of course you're that girl from those books and movies who helps a boy defeat a terrible green laser throwing demon person thing in England' will go over very well.

Unless its true. Because then we have a whole other situation on our hands.

"Yes. I am Luna Lovegood, the Luna Lovegood. I'm here to explain what's going on right now."

Uhm.

Uhm.

Does she know how crazy she sounds right now?