58) My Type Of Touch

"Love" is ok but tonight let's loose to the "lust"

...

Soft waves of winds coming from the east kissed the loose curls dangling near her cheeks.

Her slender fingers played with the red glass bangles which dangled on her thin wrist as she gazed at the stars gracing the heaven's brow.

Round moon, burning sun, twinkling stars and the open sky. They have been her only best friends, her comrade in these last three days.

These last three days. She has been alone with only them by her side. Her husbands were busy somewhere. She did not ask them where.

She knew either they would tell her the half truth or slide away her questions.

It's been her routine now. Days she spends in an open green garden, laying on the green grass or swinging on the swing.

Nights she spends on an open terrace, sitting on the stairs and gazing at the stars.

She will not tell anyone or show her husbands the silent tears which everytime surface in her eyes.

She was missing going out.

She was missing her freedom, her work. The hustle of the city, the murmurs of the people, the giggles of the little kids, the fresh air mixed with soil slapping against her soft skin. Her eyes scrutinizing under the burning sun, her wiping the sweat of hard work.

No matter how much you feel safe and comfortable inside the four walls of your home, the sense of freedom and confidence you get in the outer world is incomparable.

It was only the third day of her being locked inside the house and she was feeling depressed.

God knows what will happen in the coming days. How many days she has to spend locked in her house. Weeks, months, years she has no idea.

Though it was her decision she was still feeling like someone had snatched something from her and was not intending to give her back.

Like she knew everything, but she was still unknown. It was making her cry. That's how you feel when someone else holds your destiny in their hands.

She wiped her tears and looked at her phone which went off.

Another round of messages from her friend.

"Why the hell did you resign?"

"You know right. A little more hustle and you were about to get a promotion."

"I mean leaving your job in the prime time of your career. Not every twenty one year old gets this chance. You are an idiot to make this decision."

"Sacrificing your career for him. A man who came into your life only a few months ago!"

"Stop behaving like those old school sacrificing wife Aadya and come back to work. Sir has not accepted your resignation letter."

She looked away from her phone after switching it off.

She tried to explain to Anokhi about her decision of not continuing her job however Anokhi was not understanding her and was just spitting curses at her husbands.

Aadya had stopped answering her call so now she was texting her continuously.

The vaccination campaign has collapsed due to the flood. But with the hard work of the volunteers it was set up again in an indoor hall and today they again started the vaccination drive.

When Aadya got the pictures of the successful campaign she felt nothing but guilty. She was supposed to be there and serve her services as a volunteer but instead she was sending an email for resignation.