chapter 2

"It's kind of funny. Do you know what his favorite word is?...." 

After finding Avara's parents

After finding Avara's parents...dead, Simon offered to have Avara stay with him for a little bit. He didn't want to scare her by saying "stay with me forever" so he went with a more simple idea.

Avara decided to pack her necessities in a small bag before leaving the house with Simon.

-

As Avara was packing her items upstairs, Simon was on the phone with his boss, Clyde.

Clyde was sitting in his office working on paperwork when he got a phone call. He was fucking tired and it was almost one in the morning. However, when he picked up the phone and saw who was calling, he was shocked.

Simon barely spoke, meaning that he has never, ever called someone on the phone before. The most Clyde communicated with Simon was through text.

"Simon? What the fuck are you doing up so late."

Clyde didn't hear anything for a second, so he thought that maybe it was a butt dial. But, just as he was about to hang up, he heard his raspy voice through the phone.

"456 Stranded Boulevard." Simon spoke before hanging up the phone, not willing himself to speak more to the man.

Clyde was bewildered, but quickly wrote down the address anyways before continuing to deal with his paperwork.

He'll deal with it tomorrow.

-

Simon hung up the phone before making sure that the place was clear once more before heading towards the stairs to help Avara pack.

Meanwhile, Avara hadn't packed a single thing. She was way too overwhelmed right now. She didn't know what to pack. Will she need fancy clothes? Or maybe just casual clothing? What about summer clothes? Although it was winter now, who knew how long she'd be staying with Simon.

A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts. She slowly walked over to the door, still cautious of the murderer potentially trying to kill her too, and opened it, relieved to see Simon standing there.

Simon took a step into the room and cooed over the decor. It was covered in plants with cute little statues here and there. Her bed was big and had a ton of stuffed animals on it, matching Avara's energy that he loved.

However, he didn't see a packed bag anywhere.

"Baby, have you started packing?" Simon asked, turning to face Avara where she stood in the corner of her room, twiddling her thumbs.

"I-I don't k-know what t-to p-pack." Avara said, looking down at her thumbs. She wished she could grab Lilah, her stuffed dinosaur sitting on her bed, but she didn't want Simon to think that she was a baby, like her parents did.