Chapter Twenty Five

Austin's POV

I waited outside class in hopes he would back but, there hasn't been any sign of him what so ever he'll be in a hell of a lot of trouble if he doesn't get his ass here.

In the distance I saw him running over here but; his hair looked different and his uniform was designed weird. It was Hayden running down the hall "Yo Hayden you alright?" I asked confused as he stopped in his tracks "Issac Infirmary"

No more needed to be said, my feet basically moved on their own towards him; something must of happened something bad I knew it that fucker.

I made it to the infirmary grabbing the door handle swinging it open "Issac!- ugh" the impact of swinging the door swung too hard I hit myself in the face. Running my bruised face unable to see anything the sweetest noise was heard. Issac laughing. I looked over at him he seemed much better than before in fact he almost looked like his usual self "oh haha" I said walking over to him. He covered his face thinking I was gonna hit him instead I wrapped my arms around his frail body feeling all my emotions flow over him, he didn't hesitate to return the embrace.

"You scared the shit out of me" "You have no idea"

Class was the same as usual, but Isaac looked so out of it; he already felt sick yesterday, and now he's working himself to the bone. "Babe?" I looked next to me. Iris; she insisted on being next to me in classes, although I preferred Issac too; it would make talking to him easier, but Iris would be upset if I didn't give her one bit of attention. "What's wrong?" I gave her a smile. "What's up with Issac?" ''He's sick and overworked." "He's burnt out." I nodded. She stayed quiet. If she's noticing how ill he looks, I can't imagine what everyone else thinks.

"Why don't you talk to him? Cheer him up." "I want to, but what about you?" "I was asked to go have lunch with my friends, so go spend time with him a little." I nodded. Iris wasn't being truthful with me either, not after what Yashiro said, I can't ask her out of the blue; that's so suspicious; I have to get her alone. She needs to be comfortable; I can't have her lie to me about it; and I sure can't go to Yashiro, that asshole.

"Hey Issac, have lunch with me." "But I have to return these papers to the staff room." "Forget about it, right now you haven't even had breakfast judging by the way your eyes look, and youve been losing weight from the looks of it." "Are you keeping tabs on me, Carson?" "And what if I am?" "Damn, you really are my stalker," I punched his arm, giving him a glare. "You know, what if I am?" I said in defence. Isaac laughed, looking at his watch. Okay, fine, we can have lunch, but I have to give these in before lunch is over." "Of course"

Having lunch around everyone would attract our friends to come over, especially Yashrio, and since I haven't seen him all morning, I'd like to keep it that way. "Which class room is this?" Well, it would be too obvious to go have lunch in the art room, and I think another couple is already there, so this is the history room." "I see, cause no one likes history, well, a part from you." "Oh, shut up, you like math," he laughed, taking a seat by the desk near the window. I sat opposite him, taking out my lunch. "Where's yours?" "I didn't bring anything." "Why the fuck not?" "Whoa language." My eyebrows drew together, and I was completely angry at how little he took care of his health. "I was in a rush, okay?"

I sighed, taking a slice out for him. "Here, it's just cheese and ham." Issac looked really reluntant to take it "Eat the damn food" "If you don't stop swearing then yes" "Okay fine whatever" I said as he just took it, I took out a juice box as well and a bottle of water "I have orange slices if you want and apple slices" Issac began eating the sandwich "Wow" he said in disbelive "This tastse good" I smiled impressed with myself "Its from our farm, I'm glad it taste good" "You guys do a great job there, your produce is excellent" "Thank you, you know I work really hard with the crops and animals" "Don't flatter yourself Carson I know you're lazy" I  frowned at his acussation "Oh then I bet you'd like to give the sandwich back?" "My mouth is already on the bread." "I don't care." Isaac smiled cheekily before it dropped almost immediately.

Isaac looked at me with those ocean eyes; they looked lifeless. "What's going on? I know Yashiro is a pain, but; you're ill and haven't been good, and I'm worried you don't talk to me like you used to anymore." Isaac didn't answer; instead, he just looked away and said, "Come on, when have we ever kept secrets from each other? I'm just looking out for my number one." "Don't say that!"

The room went silent; even with Isaac's mouth full of food, he was mad. "Don't lie to me." "I'm not lying to you." "Your number one is Iris; I'm your best friend; I have no title more than that." "You're wrong; you're more than my best friend; you're my brother." The look on his face had my heart sink. What was I saying or doing that made him feel worse? His eyes were briming with tears.

I stayed quiet, maybe I shouldn't be talking. I kept my eyes down and didn't say a word until he said something. The only thing I would hear was his breathing until "I saw my dad have an affair." My eyes widen. "Your dad what?" he nods his head. "One night I was staying up studying as usual and I heard loud noises, and when I went down stairs, I saw them." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. How could this happen? "And your mom? "She doesn't know, or at least that's what I think."

I couldn't find the words to say to him; I was in disbelief from what was just said "Issac, I'm so sorry." "It is not your fault to apologise." "Yes, it is because I was supposed to be there and I wasn't". "How long ago was this?" "A few weeks ago," I ran a hand through my hair. I couldn't even begin to imagine how he felt at his own house. "Carson, I don't want your pity." "Sleep over at my place." Isaac looked confused. "What?" "I said sleep over at my place; our exams are close; I need help studying, and who better than you to help me? And I don't want you there in that toxic house of yours." Issac, I can't" "If this is about Yashiro, then screw him and just stay two nights at least, please."

Isaac looked at me; his sandwhich was long gone, just the crumbs on his face. Before he could say anything, the bell rang: "Carson the bell," "Oh shit the papers," Isaac grabbed his things huffily: Wait, you didn't answer?" "Answer? I'm late, Carson unlike you, I have responsibilities, and even though my life is fucked up, I can't just leave it, so I've got to go." I looked at the mess; he was practically running out of class. It felt as if my body moved on its own, chasing after him. "I'll wait for you outside the farm today; just think about it!"

I don't know if he can hear me or even wants to, but I hope he comes over.