twenty one

Tate.

Control your breathing.

I felt Luke close to me as we walked into the house full of first responders.

"Im a general doctor and surgeon at Saving Grace Hospital" luke announced, making himself known as he approached the situation, myself immediately seeing Clarie, a busted lip visible.

"Tate" she spoke to me, standing

She was wearing my shirt.

"Tate you never told me he hit you" she was sobbing

You watched him choke me?

"He hit me today and he was turning around to grab something- he was so angry and i was so scared- i just grabbed the first thing i saw and i hit him with it" she was sobbing the story out to me.

I couldnt make words.

I turned to find Luke, seeing him doing compressions on the man that he saved me from.

I felt a wave of dizziness

"Tate- please, say something" claire almost screamed.

"Claire" i spoke, feeling the tears in my eyes.

Why was i crying?

"Got him back, transfer him to the hospital, tell them to call in the trauma surgeon- Doctor Clifford, he is in neurology, im thinking he has brain damage." Luke ordered as the paramedics got him on a gurney, almost sprinting him out.

Control your breathing.

I saw the hole in the wall that he punched in two months before i left- my head placed right before it.
I saw the kitchen where he held a knife to my throat as i breastfed my baby, only months after i gave birth to her.
I saw the hallway to my bedroom where he made me have sex with him.
I saw the wall he held me on, choking me- the day i left.

"Tate!" I heard claire screaming as paramedics grabbed her, cops closely behind, tell her they were going to be monitoring her in the hospital until she was checked out, where she would then go to the police station and be detained until a judge would announce what to do.

Luke.

"Tate" i spoke calmly.

I could tell she wasnt okay.

She stared towards a girl with a bleeding lip, who was screaming her name.

When i grabbed her, she was physically shaking.

"Tate- baby, im right here." I spoke, finally seeing her eyes click with mine.

Tears fell from her eyes, making me wipe them slowly.

"Luke" she spoke

"I dont feel good-"

I watched her eyes basically roll into the back if her head before her knees gave in, falling into mu arms.

"I need a paramedic!" I yelled out, immediately checking her breathing and pulse, both erratic.

I got her in an ambulance, not giving a fuck about anything but her as i got an IV into her arm, immediately giving her medicines to calm her anxiety attack.

"Can i get an ammonia inhaler?" I asked a paramedic, who immediatley gave me one.

I broke it open, putting it under her nose and within seconds, her eyes opened- her hand immediately grabbing my shirt.

"Luke" i could hear the panic in her voice.

"Relax, you are perfectly okay. We are just taking a quick trip to the hospital to double check that everything is okay." I told her.

"Can you check on Lily for me? I dont know where my phone is."