twelve

To say the least, I had the most fun night I've had in a very long night.

And just hours before I was getting a rube shoved into my chest, so that says a lot.

We were currently all in the living room, Lily asleep in Michael's arms as we all talked.

"So Luke says you might be coming to stay with us?" Calum spoke- immediately making me look to Luke, who was staring to Calum.

"I hadn't had her quiet convinced of that yet, mate" he spoke, making me manage to laugh.

"Very much not convinced." I finished for him.

"Don't see why not." Ashton spoke slowly.

"I have a family-" "a happy one?" Ashton immediately shot back to me.

"I mean, don't get me wrong. I more than believe that you and your daughter are happy, you both have a great relationship and seem inseparable, but none of us believe that you're having accidents that are hurting you this badly." He finished.

I bounced my knee slowly.

"I mean- just what I did to you today, I've never done that on someone who has fallen down the stairs, strictly car accidents and extreme abuse cases." Calum spoke.

Extreme.

I looked to the floor, swallowing.

"We aren't trying to make you feel like shit." Luke spoke, making me look to him.

"I just- I don't want to see you go through this continually." He spoke.

"And I also don't want you to stick around for when it gets worse, because it will." He finished.

"I just- I need time" I exhaled, feeling my body stress over the decision that they wanted me to make as soon as possible, but that just wasn't possibly.

"Well, the offer will stay open, but we are serious. I don't want to see you back in my hospital that beat up." Calum spoke slowly.

The guys ended up just leaving Luke and I, Michael watching a movie with Lily's sleeping body in the living room.

Luke's arm went over my shoulders, extra gently setting it behind my head.

I wasn't used to the gentleness.

I managed to lean my head on his shoulder, feeling my body finally getting sleepy.

"You know- he doesn't deserve you." Luke whispered to me.

I just blinked

I felt like somehow he did.

Somehow- some way, I did something to deserve the treatment he gives me, and I have to put up with it until I stop.

"I want you." I felt like I could feel his heart beating out of his chest, which made me look to him, seeing his blue eyes focusing to me.

"You want me?" I questioned him.

He nodded without hesitation.

"Let me show you how you deserve to be treated- how your daughter deserves." He spoke firmly.

I felt the tears swell again

Why was I so emotional?

"Luke-" "you don't have to decide right now." He spoke quickly.

"These feelings aren't leaving, so take your time."

He's only known me for a little over a month and he is so convinced that he likes me that he's willing to take me and my daughter in and completely provide for us.

There is absolutely no way.

Soon we decided it was time to sleep, he helped me upstairs as Michael carried Lily.

As I got situated I immediately felt bad that he was fully convinced that he was sleeping on the couch and making us take his bed.

So I gave in.

"What if-" I felt myself hesitate.

"What if we all sleep in here? I spoke to him.

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable." He spoke immediately.

You literally can't make me uncomfortable unless you plan to beat me and persuade me into sex.

But I didn't tell him that.

"I mean- it's a big bed, we'll be fine" I mumbled.

Therefore I put Lily on the side of me, making a pillow barrier on the other side of her to keep her from rolling off the bed, feeling Luke behind me, not even close enough to touch me.

I put my arm over Lily, kissing her cheek gently.

"Goodnight Tate."

"Thank you Luke" I exhaled.

"No need to thank me, just think about my offer"