nine

three weeks later

I do have to say, the beatings were at their worst.

I was currently holding a screaming Lily as I tried my hardest to continue to stand from the beating I just received in front of her.

"Mommy- I want to go" she cried out, begging me as Dylan stood feet away on his phone.

I coughed out, not having the air in my lungs to be able to talk, feeling liquid come into my mouth as I coughed.

Blood.

"Fuck" I cursed, spitting it to the floor beside me.

"Clean that shit up" he spoke.

I composed myself, calming lily, telling her I was fine.

"Come upstairs when you're done" I heard Dylan speak after I cleaned all of my blood from the floor.

I set lily up on the couch, giving her my phone to entertain herself, telling her I'd be back shortly.

I went upstairs where I was then painfully forced to participate in sex.

I cried throughout the entire process, begging him to give me a break.

"Dylan- baby please" I sobbed out.

"You fucking dirty whore, not even tight anymore" he cursed, slamming his body against mine.

He soon finished, putting his work clothes on as I cleaned myself, tears never stopping.

"Going to work" he spoke simply before leaving me, tears rolling down my cheeks.

I figured out how to get myself downstairs without collapsing.

"I'm sorry mommy" lily cried out, standing on the couch.

"What's wrong baby?" I panicked, immediately thinking the worse, thinking he hit her on his way out or anything revolving around that.

"I called Luke and he seemed angry"

Luke.

I was sitting in my office where I received four back to back calls from an unknown number.

On the fifth, I answered- more than prepared for a spam call, but instead I was greeted with a familiar child's voice.

"Daddy hurt mommy" she sounded calm.

"Who is this?" I asked calmly, not being able to piece it all together.

"Lily- daddy hurt mommy."

Liliana.

"Where is mommy, Lily?" I asked calmly, fetching Ashton's attention as he was sitting directly in front of my desk.

"With daddy upstairs" she cried out.

I tried my hardest to get any details out of her.

An address

She didn't know

What store was closest to her

She didn't know

I tried to talk her through sending her pinned location on the phone- she couldn't figure it out.

"How bad is mommy hurt?" I asked her, dreading to hear the worst.

"She coughed and there was blood" I heard her voice full of concern, but it concerned me too.

"Liliana, I need you to go get your mommy, don't tell her you're on the phone in front of daddy, just tell her you had an accident-" "daddy is coming, I have to go." Her voice became almost animated.

"Lily no, just set the phone down-" I was angry

"I'm sorry, daddy is coming-"

The phone hung up- I cursed, throwing it to the desk.

If I called back I risked putting Lily at risk.

"Ashton- what the Fuck do I do" I yelled towards him.

"Give her ten minutes and then we will call off of my phone just in case she has your number saved."

I did as said

Ten minutes was soon up and I called off of Ashton phone, hearing it almost immediately pick up.

"Hello" her voice sounded winded, tired.

"Tate" I spoke, hearing her cough lightly.

"Hey- yeah lily told me she called you, false alarm, Dylan and I were just arguing and she got scared" she lied to me

"Tate if you're coughing up blood, you could have internal bleeding and that could kill you, give me your address, I'm coming to her you." I spoke firmly to her.

I could hear her contemplating.

"If you die with Lily in the house with you, she will never be the same."

That scared her enough

"120 cherry street"