"What?" He asks, scanning the street ahead.

"You gave me that discount." I blurted out, smirking. His eyes don't meet mine telling me that he didn't want to draw too much attention toward it .

"So?" He asks, running his fingers through his hair and I gotta bring my focus to my main priority.

"So.. that must mean you care a little bit about what I think about you. " I said reminding him about earlier.

" You didn't have to give me that discount just to prove to me that you were a nice person, I already knew you were." I told him and his dark gray-blue eyes finally meet mine. He's reading me as if he wanted to know if I was lying or not but I wasn't this time.

"I don't care what you think about me." He quickly denies but I don't believe him .

"Sure... that's what everyone says but deep down we all care about what people think about us." I was talking about my own experience but that sounded like something a wise person Would say.

"Anyway, the real reason I came here was because I need another favor." I smile at him so that maybe it'll convince him to agree easier.

"I was wondering if maybe... if you had the time, could you give me a ride home? My friends ditched me." I pout and he raises a brow.

"Ditched you?" He asks, leaning on the door frame.

"Not in a bad way, they're actually really nice people. And Lola's really pretty, she was the pretty blonde girl I was with but you can't make a move on her because she has a boyfriend, he was also with us tonight. And if you ever decide to get in between them and break them up I will break you. Because they are the cutest couple you will ever meet in your life and they will get married and have a beach wedding, with two kids and live happily ever after " I let out all at once.

What was I talking about before? I get side tracked so easily .

I look up at him to see him already staring at me, just like always I can't read his expression so I don't know if he thinks I'm annoying or is actually interested in what I just said.

"That's besides the point, what was I asking you? Sorry I forget everything in under twenty seconds. I think I get it from my dad because it happens to him too and it's annoying when he does it so I'm probably being so annoying right now, so I'll stop." I bite my lip to shut myself up.

"So can I get a ride with you?" I ask, remembering my question.

"A ride in your car. Not like the other ride cause that's just weird. Just to clear that up." I clear my throat and try giving him a chance to speak.

"Ok." He answers and walks back into the shop, I follow after him and smile as I greet Zoe. Although she doesn't greet me back.

Is everyone here just emotionless? And if they are, no judgement. That's fine.

I wait for Heath and take a seat on one of the stools. There's an awkward silence between Zoe and I, I can't stand silence.

"I like your hair" I blurt out to get rid of the silence that was killing me.

She looks up from her phone and nods, acknowledging my compliment. Not even a thank you?

"You're welcome" I said and nod, tapping my foot on the floor, impatiently.

Heath takes his sweet time before coming back and now he's wearing a black sweater. It wasn't even too chilly outside so I didn't bother bringing one myself.

"I'm leaving early. You can close up." He throws Zoe some keys and suddenly her attention is on him.

"Got it. Ill see you tomorrow?" She ask but Heath shakes his head.