ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

Start from the beginning

Walking through the doors you were greeted by the same cold atmosphere you always felt while living in the academy. The further you walked into your former home, the more chills you felt crawling down your spine.

You heard a faint conversation in the main foyer and decided to inspect who it was.

"Forget about him. I'm glad you're here." As you rounded the corner, you were greeted by your two sisters

"Allison. V. Oh my god," You walked up to them, giving them each a tight hug, "I missed you guys so much."

"Y/N," Allison said as she looked you up and down, "You've grown up so much."

You smiled back at her, "Yeah, well, it has been a while. Vanya, how have you been?" You asked your other sister.

"You know, I'm good. It's been good."

You gave her a soft smile, before heading upstairs, "I'll see you guys around."

Wandering around the Academy a bit, you eventually stumbled across Dad's room, but you didn't find yourself to be alone.

The familiar voice of your brother let you know who was in your father's study, "... not one of us would be allowed to set foot in this room."

"And yet here we are Klaus, setting foot inside this room." You stated, walking into the study.

"Y/N!" Klaus screamed before running to you and giving you a tight embrace. "Oh my god, N/N. I missed you so much throughout all these years."

You hugged him back, the air slowly leaving your lungs as you spoke, "Yup, me too Klaus. I— um— I can't breathe Klaus."

"Oh! Sorry." He released you from his tight grip, circling back to your father's chair, "Remember how he used to look at us? That scowl? Thank christ he's not our real father so we couldn't inherit those cold dead eyes!"

You and Allison chuckled, watching your brother imitate your Dad's voice, "Number Three!"

"Get out of his chair."

The unknown voice caused the three of you to look in the corner of the study, finding Luther hiding in the dark.

Klaus was the first one to speak up, "Oh wow, Luther! Wow, you really, uh... You really filled out over the years, huh?" You smirked as your brother began his folly antics.

"Klaus," Luther stated firmly.

"Save the lecture. Y/N and I were already leaving." Klaus grabbed your arm and began to walk out of the room with you giving him a weird look.

"What? I wasn't done in their yet."

"Come on Y/N, we have to give the love birds some time to talk amongst themselves." Klaus said in a hushed voice, before Luther stopped the pair of you with his big arm.

"Drop it."

"Excuse me? Drop what?" You questioned your brother.

"Not you. Him."

"Ex-squeeze me?"

"Do it. Now"

Klaus yanked himself out of Luther's grip, circling back to your father's desk, "All right. All right. It's just an advance on our inheritance!" He began plucking things out of the pockets of his coat, dropping them on the floor, "That's all it is. No need to get your little panties in a bunch. Come on N/N."

You followed your brother out the door, but not before you used your magic to pick up some of the items that Klaus tried steal. Luther tried to stop you, but you managed to shut the door in time, giving him an innocent smile.