Chapter 2 - Old Acquaintances

Start from the beginning

"No, I don't want to die! Not here!!" I thought to myself as everything around me was grayscale, all colors had lost their touch and everything was frozen in place, except a textbox and a connection circle on my HUD. The textbox said "Reconnecting..." as the reconnection circle kept circulating.

"Am... Am I going to really die here...?" I took more thought into it as I was thinking about my final moments. "If...If I really am going to die here...I...I might as well just say goodbye to what I hold dear.." I thought as my train of thought kept going, "I...I should have been more into school like my siblings... Leaving my family one sibling short...An older sister and a younger brother... I guess I can't really be relied on at all...She was right...". Six minutes have passed as I looked back at my mistakes.

I then thought to myself"I'm sorry...Really sorry for being such a mess and fuck up..." as I ready'd my mentality for everything to just go dark. At Nine minutes I waited for it to hit the Ten minute mark, ready for everything to just vanish and everything to go dark. Suddenly a wind chime sound clicked through my ears as the sound of a new textbox had appeared on my HUD, on the new Textbox it said "Reconnected to server" as the grayscale started to regain its color.

I couldn't believe it, I somehow managed to get a new Wifi connection as Sato kept poking at my face. "Hey are you really okay Kirin?" Sato said to me as he pointed out "You've been crying for almost Ten minutes" as I blinked and looked at him. I then began to tear up more as I hugged him without a second thought, Sato on the other hand was very confused at what happened.

"I...I never thought I'd be so happy to see you after Ten minutes..." I said to Sato as he questioned "Okay, explain what happened in Ten minutes?" as I began explaining to him my Wifi reconnection problem.

Sato and I sat nearby where I had my little breakdown of joy to see someone after Ten minutes. "I see... I'm glad you did make it out of it safe and sound Kirin" Sato said to me as I nodded to agree with him, He then got up saying "c'mon we have a dungeon to go to" as he began heading over towards where we were supposed to go.

I followed shortly behind as my memory of what happened on the first night came rushing back. I was speechless but nevertheless pushed onward to keep it locked away for a good amount of time. I felt like the near-death experience had taught me to value what I have not just in the real world but also what I have gone through and have to go through.

We then arrived at the dungeon that Sato talked about, seeing the doors unopened. "So we're the first ones?" I asked Sato as he nodded, replying "Yep, we are!" as he opened the doors so casually. The dungeon doors swung open at a slow to medium pace as we both walked into the dungeon.

I unsheathed my sword as Sato did the same, we approached into a hallway as a Demonic Servant then manifested from nearby bones, a helmet, and a sword. We stood our ground as we were already level 5 to level 6, carrying around decently strong weapons as well to back up our levels. The demonic servant roared out before swinging his giant sword at Sato. Sato managed to dodge it and get a counter swing at the Demonic Servant, damaging it but not enough.

The Demonic servant seemed more irritated at our attacks than angry, as the Demonic Servant then rushed towards me and rammed into me at full speed, I blocked the hit but I was sent flying and crashed into a wall dropping my sword and dropping down to low green HP. Sato shouted at me "Are you alright Kirin!" as I got back up and picked up my sword shouting "Yeah! Just in a lot of pain!" as I rushed towards the Demonic Servant.

"I have his aggro! Start swinging Sato!!"

I shouted at him as the Demonic Servant then charged up an attack and swung a heavy attack at me. I ducked under the attack and activated a sword skill Vertical Arc as I swung at an angle up. Quickly after that, I then swiftly swung again at an angle but downwards, creating an upside down V shape.