chapter twenty one

(( There's a picture of Mia lol. I tried. 😂 ))

After a few minutes of preparing, I went to the Mystery Shack. My heart was beating so fast as I knocked on the front door.

"Hey, YN." Mabel's braces shined as she grinned at me after opening the door.

"Hi Mabel." I smiled and entered the door. I couldn't see Dipper or Mia anywhere.

Mabel dragged me to their room and I saw Grenda and Candy lying on Mabel's bed. I sat down next to them.

"Dipper and Mia are out, watching a movie downtown." Mabel rubbed my back. "YN, I know you hate Mia." she looked at me.

"H- how did you know?" I asked.

"It's so obvious." she laughed. "She's taking your boyfriend away from you."

"But Dipper told me she was just his best frie-"

"You know that's not true, YN." She cut me off and I gasp. "Believe me, Dipper may see Mia as his best friend but Mia sees my brother as so much more." she said and Candy gasped.

I nodded, telling her to continue.

"I never liked Mia." Mabel shook her head. "But I'm certain that Dipper had a crush on her at one point. Mia on the other hand is head over heels for him. If I were you, YN, I'd keep my eye on that girl."

"I don't even know if Dipper and I are still in a relationship anymore." I muttered quietly. "Ever since Mia cam here, he never once talked to me again."

"It's starting!" Grenda shouted. "That girl is stealing your boyfriend and if you don't act now, she will succeed."

"I don't know what to do!" I laid down on the bed in frustration. "I love Dipper but I'm not sure if he still feels the same way.

We heard the door open and Dipper and Mia's voice filled the house.

"You go, girl. Claim what's yours." Mabel pushed me out of the room and locked the door so I couldn't come back in.

Dipper noticed me and immediately ran to me and wrapped his arms around me, the familiar spark filling my body. Although I was relieved when he did that, a part of me was disappointed that he's acting like nothing happened the past few days.

M I A' S P O V

So close Mia, so close.

When I saw Dipper running to that girl and giving her a hug, my fist balled up. I thought they were done. I mean, I did a pretty good job keeping Dipper away from her in the past few days.

He told me right after YN left that she was in fact his girlfriend.

And that hurt so bad. I was about scream back then. He was the only reason why I went here.

You see my friends, I am in love with Dipper Pines. I have always been. He just.. always saw me as a friend.

I don't understand what's so special about YN though. How did Dipper choose her and not me?

When she left a few days ago, Dipper kept complaining that he wanted to see her. I just made up lame excuses every time so he won't run off and chase after her.

Right now I am determined to get Dipper back without YN getting in the way and I know just how.