chapter twenty

I let them catch up for a while. They were laughing about things I don't even know about. When Dipper finally remembered that I was there, he introduced me to his friend.

"Oh, YN. This is Mia." he smiled. "She's my best friend from my hometown."

Then he turned towards Mia. "Mia, this is YN. My-uh, My friend."

Friend? That stung. But he just asked me to be his girlfriend a while ago. He couldn't have forgotten already.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to deal with Dipper right now. Maybe if I let him and Mia catch up, we would eventually be the same again. Maybe.

I went for it.

"Uh, Dipper, I'll go back home now." I said loud enough but they didn't seem to hear me so I just let myself out.

I sighed and plopped down on my bed. Why did Dipper call me just his friend? Was he trying to hide our relationship from Mia? But why?

I looked at the window, remembering I had a perfect view of the Mystery Shack from my room.

I peeked out to see my boyfriend and Mia running around the backyard, chasing each other. They seemed to have a lot of fun since they were both laughing.

I sighed on my bed and decided to lay down on my bed again. I turned on the TV so I could entertain myself. I couldn't help but look out the window from time to time. He just told me he loves me a while ago? And now he's with another girl.

--

Days passed and still no contact with Dipper. I don't really know what happened. Ever since Mia got here, I never got the courage to go back to the shack. I always thought Dipper would approach me first. Looks like I was wrong.

For the past few days, all I did was jog in the morning and stayed in the house all day, hoping that Dipper would reach out to me first.

Every time I look out the window, all I would see is my boyfriend being happy without me. I don't even know if we were still in a relationship. He did say that I was only a friend in front of Mia.

Mia. Maybe Dipper liked her. Who wouldn't? She basically looks like an angel. Ugh, my jealousy is eating me up. I'm glad that Mabel doesn't hang out with her though because that would mean I didn't have anyone left to hang out with if she got Mabel as well.

Speaking of Mabel, I had just received a text from her.

Mabel: Hang out later? You haven't been visiting in the past few days. 😢

I replied.

Me: Sure, I'll be there in ten. 😊

This is the first time I'm coming back to the Mystery Shack ever since Dipper ditched me for his best friend. Man, this feels like the time Mabel invited me for dinner when Dipper and I still hated each other.

I wonder how it will go.

--

since when did we reach 5k? :o i love you