chapter fourteen

D I P P E R' S P O V

I glanced at my sister and YN as they continued talking about cupcakes. What a weird topic. The sun was almost setting and we were hanging outside at the backyard. I was pretending to read the journal in my hands when I was actually listening to their conversation.

"Like, if I make cupcakes, I'd make sure to cover them entirely with rainbow sprinkles!" Mabel squealed as YN just laughed at her.

"If I made my cupcakes, I would fill it with chocolate!" YN said. "Like imagine a chocolate cupcake with Nutella and chocolate sprinkles." She giggled.

What she said made me crave. Looks like we both love chocolate.

"What about you, Dipper?" Mabel suddenly asked me.

"Huh? What about me?" I asked pretending to know nothing. Shoot, did they notice that I was listening to their conversation?

"Don't pretend like you don't know anything." YN laughed. "You were obviously listening to our conversation about cupcakes."

"So, what would your favorite cupcake be?" Mabel asked, lying down on the grass.

"I- uh. I would probably like the same cupcake YN just described. a chocolate filled cupcake would be great." I replied, pretending to focus on the journal.

Mabel gasped. "You like chocolate!" she pointed at YN. "And you like chocolate!" she said pointing at me this time. "What is happening here?" she wiggled her eyebrows and giggled.

"Mabel!" YN playfully nudged her as I noticed that she had a faint blush in her cheeks. I touched my own cheeks only to find out that I was blushing as well.

YN was about to say something when her phone suddenly beeped, signifying that she received a text message. She looked at her phone for a while and placed back in her bag.

"Who was that?" Mabel asked.

"My aunt. She said that she wouldn't be home tonight because of some kind of business trip." she shrugged.

"You know what this means, right?" My sister grinned.

"Sleep over!" They screamed at the same time.

--

"Okay, you guys. Aren't you all tired yet?" I asked rubbed my eyes. "It's 1:30 in the morning."

"Never. I'm not sleepy." Mabel yawned, proving she was indeed sleepy.

YN on the other hand did not show any sign of being tired. Her eyes were glued in the TV, watching the sixth episode of Ducktective.

"YN?" I called her.

"Hmm." She answered, not taking her eyes off the TV.

"Aren't you tired yet?" I asked.

"No." she said. "If you want to sleep, you can go ahead." she smiled.

"Uh, I'll stay here." I awkwardly said.

I glanced at Mabel to see her already sleeping. She was on the couch while YN and I were on the floor and Our heads were resting on the couch.

A few minutes later, I suggested that we all should go in our room and rest. They all did as I said, considering it was almost 2 AM.

Mabel ran to her bed and a few seconds later, we could already hear her soft snores. It looks like she wasn't used to staying up this late.

"Where am I supposed to sleep?" YN asked.

I looked around. She couldn't sleep with Mabel because her bed is smaller and she kicks in her sleep. She couldn't sleep on the floor because Mabel left all the sleeping bags at Grenda's house in their last sleep over. She could sleep in my bed with me but I don't think she'll be comfortable.

"Y-you uh. You could sleep in my bed. Uh- with m-me?" I stuttered, my cheeks turning red.

"Okay," to my surprise, she immediately jumped on my bed and went under the covers. "Well, what are you waiting for?" she laughed, waiting for me lay down with her. "It's not like we never slept in the same place before."

I joined her on my bed and kept a great amount of space between us.

"Hey, remember the time that we slept on that old carpet after I hurt my foot?" I whispered at her, moving closer.

"Yeah and you thanked me for taking care of you. That was like the first time you were actually nice to me." she softly laughed and also moved closer to me until there was no gap between our legs.

"It was the first time you did something nice for me too." I grinned and slowly inched closer to her. Our chests were now touching.

"And when we woke up, our arms were wrapped around each other." she closed the gap between us. Our faces were both as red as a cherry.

"You mean like this?" I smirked and placed my arms around her.

She giggled. "And like this." she said and placed an arm across my chest, buried her face on the crook of my neck and hugged me tighter.

"You're a special person, YN." I smiled, lifting her chin up.

"So are you." She said, our noses almost touching.

And with that, we both fell asleep in each other's arms.

--

sorry for such a blaaaargh chapter 😂

how's the story so far? c:

thanks for everyone who votes and comments. 😲