Chapter 23- To the Window

Tomorrow was the day that the gala was going be held. Oddly enough Fiona hasn't texted me or talked to me about it any since the play.

Almost reading my mind mom asked in the car, "Which one of those lovely ladies you brought home, are you attending the gala with?"

I could almost see it in her eyes she probably wished I was going with someone like Camila. Out of all the girls I think my mother gravitated towards liking her the most.

That was apart of Camila's charm though. She could lure you in with just one of her smiles than drain your soul. Unfortunately my mother already knew Camila wasn't the one who was taking me.

"Fiona Fields." I mumble through my hands hoping for the love of god she didn't pick up on what I said.

"That's nice— wait did you say Fiona Fields?" My mother spared a inquestive glance my way with both eyebrows raised.

"Mom you should really be focusing on the road!" I state while not sparing her one glance as I stare out the car window.

"How can I focus on the road when my dear daughter is a womanizer?" Mom retorts back with her eyes now focusing back on the road.

"I'm not a womanizer." I poorly try to convince my mother.

"I'm still going to get a wedding and grandkids right?" Mom unfiltered mouth asks.

"Mom!" My face was now forming the color of an tomato. You think I would be use to this type of harassment from my mother by now.

"I know your only sixteen, I'll have to wait another year." Mom sighs but not giving up the aspect of my envisioned future she made.

"Try more like eternity." I state realistically.
————————————

Later in the evening when I arrived home I noticed a package on the dinner table.

To:Ms.Winters
From: Ms.Fiona Fields

The package was small and elegantly wrapped with a blue ribbon.

"Are you just going stand there or are you going to open it?" Mom asks behind me gesturing towards the gift.

Part of me, who was I kidding all of me wanted to just not even bother opening the gift. It's not that Fiona done anything wrong or anything as far as I know of. It was the fact I never liked accepting gifts from other people it made me feel like an awkward potato.

On the other hand my mother wasn't going to leave me alone until l did indeed open the package.

Opening up the package I gasp in awe. It was rose gold laced with diamond necklace. This gift was stunning. Too bad it was too fancy for me. Besides I never was one that was comfortable accepting gifts especially from someone I barely knew.

My mothers almond eyes were also in awe of the necklace I had received.

"You know I was rooting for Camila, but Fiona is starting to leave a really good impression on me." My mother approvingly states. Leave it the gold digger to change teams.

After two hours of fussing with me I remained stern with my mother and told her I simply couldn't keep the gift. She suggested that I at least wore it to the gala then return it.

I couldn't do that I didn't want Fiona getting any wrong message besides the one I was about to send her that was.

Grabbing my phone I send a quick text to her instagram. I realized I didn't actually have her phone number so this was closes thing I could think of getting a hold of her.