There's Change Coming 1: Choices, Choices, Choices.

Start from the beginning

A Heartbeat later his chest hitches as his Diaphragm contracts, sucking in air.

A thumping in his chest brings his hand to his heart. His heart.

Laughing Mumbo wiggles his fingers. Delighted how the action pulls at his muscles. Not extending tiny pistons. But real movement.

A straining in his chests cuts his laughter off as he slows down to breathe properly. That will definitely take getting used to.

But he's human again and too happy to care. His skin stretches and his arm squishes when he presses his thumb against it. Stretching he runs his fingers through his hair. Oh he's missed this.

His hair, a little greasy, glittering just a little bit red from the dust trapped on the hairs.

It'll definitely take a while, years most likely, to truly return to normal. But this, this is a huge step in the right direction.

_______

When it gets to be Cleo's turn she stands still ask Vex frowns slightly.

"Joe told me you don't want to be human?"

"I'm a Zombie." Cleo shrugs, "I did my time as human."

Vex shrugs, "Alright. Here you are then." Pulling a crystal out of thin air she hands it to Cleo. "When in the safe room. Brake this and you will return to being a zombie."

"Thank you." Cleo grins, "And thanks Joe."

Joe pops into the visible spectrum and waves as Cleo heads out.

________

"And what do you want?" Vex asks.

Impulse shrugs, "I'm not sure..."

"Exsplain it to me." She offers, "I may have some insight."

"I don't want to lose the conetion to void." Impulse admits kicking at the ground, "I want to be human. But..."

"I may have a solution..." Void offers.

"Oh?"

"Follow me my child."

And Impulse follows.

_________

Scar flutters up to land on Vex's out stretched hand.

"What troubles you?" She asks, sensing his discomfort.

"You won't take it as an insult if I want to be human?" Scar asks quickly. Squeezing his eyes shut to avoid a possible look of anger on Vex's face.

Her face falls, "Of course not. You, looking like one of the Ven has nothing to do with this. Chose what will make you happy."

Swallowing Scar nods. "Ok. I want to be human."

"Of course."

Once back in the respawn room Scar settles in the center of a bed. Gem, Cleo, Mumbo, Doc and Cub have already made their choice and are in the room waiting for the other hermits to come though.

As the crystal shatters Scar feels a haze take over his body.

Falling back he shudders then losses conciseness.

When he wakes up he notices a familiar face grinning down at him.

"Cub?"

"The one and only." Cub grins back.

Scar brings his hand up and Cub takes it.

Spending a moment to marvel at the lack of a size difference he smiles. Then launches himself into a hug.