Chapter 2

"Your majesty!" A guard ran to catch the queen as she collapsed with a coughing fit. "I'm fine, I'm fine," The queen said between coughs

"No, everything is not fine!" King Everest said before he too erupted into coughs. "We're dying and our heir is sick too, what are we going to do?"

Queen Storm frowned as she laid down in the middle of the hallway, the guard backed away to prevent from getting sick.

"Your majesty, maybe we should pull Onyx out of the academy and bring her home." The guard suggested

Onyx had been at the school for two months now, more than likely making her family proud. It had been a week ago when the Queen, King, and heir had fallen ill.

the Queen coughed before stating. "No," Her tone was hoarse and raspy, "Amethyst will be okay."

As if Luna had decided to sike the dying queen, the doctor came down the hall with his head hung low.

"Princess Amethyst is officially dead."

Everything was quiet before an ear splitting, pained cry cut through the air and seemed to radiate throughout the underground kingdom.

Onyx breathed her fire and shot it at the bad guy. She swiped the holographic troll away, her fur fluffed out to make her look twice her size. Spyro suddenly was thrown into her side and she squeaked as they fell over together.

She pushed Spyro off with his wing, "Are you okay?" She asked gently

Spyro looked up, appearing in a haze as he slowly nodded, he then suddenly yelled and pushed Onyx out of the way of a holographic fireball. He looked at Onyx who was below him and blushed underneath his black scales.

She looked so ruffled, every strand out of place yet looking perfect. Her eyes burning with adrenaline and fire.

Yes, Spyro had grown to get a crush on the princess despite Strykore's orders. He didn't want to just use her, he just wanted to be with her also. Nowadays, when the cadet trained he wanted to train with her also. He would always invite her over to his dorm just for her to hangout with him in his room. He did everything possible to be with her.

Spyro let her up and helped her to her feet. Onyx shook her fur, the sound of her onyx necklace jingling. Everything seemed to be going into slow motion for Spyro, the way her legs stood firm against the sand of the training arena while she shook out her long black fur.

Suddenly, he was smacked upside the head with holographic Kaos's magic ball and he fell over.

"Oh! Spyro, are you okay?" Onyx asked frantically, all the dragon could do was give her a thumbs up with his claws. The holograms disappeared and Master Eon came floating down on his podium.

"Spyro, what's wrong?" Eon asked confusedly as Onyx helped the dragon to his feet. She allowed him to lean on her for support but he didn't need support for his injuries, he just wanted to feel her.

"N-Nothing, just still sore from my fight from Malefor." Spyro said, Onyx looked at him like he was crazy. "You fought him?" She said, obviously surprised, she had heard tales of the vicious king of the underworld.

"He barely escaped with his life." Master Eon stated, "It was an awesome battle though, I can tell you about it later." Spyro said, his voice full of pride.

"But Spyro, that fight was months ago, how are you still affected by the fight?" Master Eon said, his eyes narrowed in suspicion. He didn't fail to notice that Spyro was still looking at Onyx then that's when it had clicked. "I see...."

Spyro sat down on his haunches, "How about we go get a snack from the mess hall?" He asked, Onyx smiled and then seemed to remember something. "I probably shouldn't, Stealth Elf invited me to go eat with her and I don't want to be full."

Spyro frowned, Stealth Elf and Onyx had become good friends over the two months the cadet had been at the Academy. He though pretended to understand. "Can I at least walk you to your place?" He asked, Onyx nodded eagerly and the two flew together out of the arena.

Words: 707