I bring up my phone and record a video of Link's reaction when he finally looks up from his screen. His jaw drops at once. I lower the window to share my smile with him. He's still frozen, taking in the sight.

"Need a lift?" I ask him playfully.

He gets up from his suitcase and walks over to me. "You're so extra," he says right before he kisses me through the open window.

"Good afternoon, sir," the driver greets Link while picking up the suitcase.

Link returns a lazy greeting with a wave of the hand, his lips still attached to mine. When he finally breaks the kiss, he looks more than content.

"You know, it's times like these when I think to myself... yep, dating a rich girl can be preeeetty fun."

"You're such a dork," I giggle.

The driver opens the door to the back and waits for Link to get in.

"Why thank you," Link speaks in his most formal voice, enjoying every second of this. He probably feels like royalty right now. "What is your name, good sir?" Is he faking a British accent?

"The name's Linebeck," the driver replies with a smile.

"Hm. I will call you Charles. No, Geoffrey! Sir Geoffrey!"

"Link," I gasp. "That's so rude!"

"What? That name sounds like straight out of a murder mystery." He aims his eyes back at the poor driver. "So tell me, Geoffrey, was it you who murdered the wife?"

"He's not serious," I give an apologetic laugh at the man but he just smirks at Link and decides to play along.

"I was in the kitchen when we heard the scream. Ask the gardener, he will confirm it," he says and adds, "Talk to the chef, he wasn't with us when Mrs. Smith was murdered."

I am... flabbergasted. Linebeck shuts the door and returns to the driver's seat to take us to the airport.

"See? Geoffrey gets my humor."

"Or he's an actual killer," I say amused.

"Or maybe it was me all along!" Link Lets out a villainous laugh but even his demonic side is nothing short of adorable. I can't stay mad at this cutie. I so rarely get to experience this silly behavior from Link and I am determined to enjoy every second of it.

Link connects his phone with the speakers and plays some of his favorite Japanese songs to give me a taste of what's to come. I am still in disbelief... I am actually doing this. One year ago this would be unthinkable! But I am really going to Japan with my boyfriend!

Wow....

I'm so excited!!!

Ahhh!

We get to the airport an hour later and hand our luggage over at the check in. I'm growing more excited by the second ! I wish I could just teleport myself to Japan already. But for now we have a long journey ahead of ourselves.

Security and checking our carry-ons through the scanners goes fairly quickly. We make our way to the gate, my eyes dart around in awe. So many people, coming from so many places, going to so many more. I always hated traveling with Father, it was nothing but stressful. We could have visited museums in Paris, or experienced a real safari through the Serengeti, or but no, his work always came first. I still felt honored every time he would bring me along on his business trips. Even if I spent most of the time in the hotel room, I still loved being part of his life.

"Wait a second," Link pulls me out of my dark thoughts. I notice that we have arrived at our gate. He is studying the ticket on his phone. "What's your seat?" He asks and looks up at me with worry written all over his face.