I let out a sigh of frustration and snuggle closer to Ares. He chuckles softly and pushes a strand of hair out of my face and behind my ear.

"I think it's time to wake up" He says, a lot softer than before.

"No..." I pout "I'm still sleepy"

"Come on, you got everyone worried. We should get down." I exhale in frustration but finally relent.

I get up and he does the same. I watch him walk around his room, taking clothes out of his closet and getting in the shower. I make his bed and wait for him to get out.

Once he emerges from the bathroom I  call his name to get his attention.

He just hums in response, still getting ready for the day.

"Do you remember what happened yesterday? Because you were pretty drunk and i-"

He cuts me off. "I always remember everything I do when I drink." He runs a hand through his hair and turns to look at me. "I don't regret talking to you about...about what happened. I would have done it eventually anyway. I guess being drunk gave me the confidence that I needed. I mean it when I say that I want to be better. I just don't know how and I don't want you to hate me because of my stupid actions. I'm not saying that because that thing happened to me I'm allowed to be a juckass, it's just-"

"It's okay. I get it, I really do. We're all good." I give him a genuine smile.

"I'm here now and I'm gonna be by your side every step of the way. You're not alone Ares, you never were. You just have to open your eyes and see that there are people who love you. Not everyone is like him. I promise."

He doesn't answer for a while. He just stares at me, deciding whether he should trust me or not. I don't know what he is looking for in my eyes but I guess he finds it because eventually he nods and gives me a small smile.

I smile back and after I give him a reassuring hug I head towards my room and get ready.

I get down for breakfast and find all my brothers seated around the island. I fix a bowl of cereal and climb on the stool between Noah and Leo. I say a small good morning and dig into my food.

Its not long after that Ares also joins us. Everyone gives him weird looks, because of the incident earlier, I suppose, but he just glares at them and says nothing.

I smile, amused and try to divert the attention from him because he is clearly uncomfortable.

"So, how come you guys are here? I thought you'd be gone for at least a week" I ask Leo, Enzo and Matt.

They were supposed to visit some aunt from their mother's side and deal with some work matters while they were there.

"Gee, don't be so excited to see us. We've missed you too, Thena" Matteo glares playfully at me, causing me to roll my eyes.

"We finished early and decided to just come back home." Leo answers boredly.

"See, now that's an answer." I give Matteo a pointed look.

He just smiles sheepishly and takes a sip of his orange juice.

I space out after that, eating my breakfast in peace. I only converse with Noah a little, who just rumbles on and on about how Cade keeps jumping on his bed while he is asleep and lays on top of him. He doesn't really mind, he says, but sometimes he wants to use the bathroom and he won't get up. Although, he enjoys his company and he likes that he never has to be alone.

Noah really enjoys staying here. I have never seen him this happy before and I can't help but smile at his excitement. He deserves the world.

"So, guys, there's something we'd like to talk to you about." Alex says to me and Noah.

"What is it?"

"We think it's time you guys should start school. You, Athena, will be going with the twins, Atlas and Matteo while Noah will be going to an elementary school close by. If you don't feel ready we can postpone it but I think you've had enough time to settle in. I have already ordered a bunch of school supplies and you'll be going shopping with your brothers tomorrow as well. Does that sound good?"

I glance down at Noah and find him grinning at the idea.

"Yeah, okay. Sounds good" I reply nonchalantly. I am a bit nervous about school but I think that I'll do just fine, considering how many hours I have spent studying on my own.

"Good" Alex smiles warmly at me. "Now that this is out of the way we also have something else prepared for you"

"What?" I ask intrigued.

Anthony grins at me, "We wanted to do something nice for you, to show you how happy we are to have you back."

"Huh?"

"We prepared a list!" Apollo claps his hands and grins.

"A list?" I am so confused.

"You've been gone for thirteen years, so we wrote down thirteen fun activities that we should do together."

Before I get a chance to reply, Enzo gives me a piece of paper. I stare at it and can't help but smile at the idea.
There's all kinds of stuff in here. From karaoke night to a family basketball game.

I smile at them greatfuly. "You didn't have to do that..." I say but I furrow my eyebrows when I look back down at the list. "Wait, didn't you say thirteen? There's only twelve activities here."

"Yeah, well, the last one is a surprise!" Atlas announces before he grabs the list from my hand and shoves it in his pocket.

"So, how do you like the idea?" Apollo asks with a hopeful expression.

"It's amazing! Thank you!" I answer and smile appreciatively.

"No need to thank us, Thena. It's the least we could do." Leo gives me a side hug and I lean into his arms.

How did I get so lucky?

-----------

Sorry for the late update, I've been busy. Vote and comment!

-A