Chapter 21: Fishy

Start from the beginning

He then saw Y/N carefully feeding the three goldfishes in the big aquarium while Taehyung was closing the second aquarium. Taehyung was smiling widely poking at the glass in front of the fishes and laughing loudly when the fishes followed his fingers across the glass.

For the last two weeks, since everything went haywire, Jin had only seen Taehyung with a shocked or a sad expression. Seeing him laughing freely he silently thanked Y/N.

"Surprised? Don't be." Jimin suddenly showed up by his side. He stood nonchalantly, with his hands in his pockets, carefree.

"It feels good to see him laugh after so many days," Jin said wistfully. "I never knew I missed his laughter this much until now." Jin sighed.

"These days must be hard for you." Jimin patted the elder's shoulder. "But they will pass soon."

"We know it because we have been through it," Jimin added in a subdued whisper that Jin didn't hear.

Jin nodded in agreement at the first statement. The fact that both agreed to something was left unnoticed in the presence of their happy families.

Y/N and Taehyung were engrossed in the fish so they didn't notice the two boys looking at them with adoration. Jin at Taehyung, Jimin at Y/N.

"So why did you name them this?" Taehyung asked suddenly.

Y/N smiled softly. "It was a joke between me and my brother. He said perfect trio names don't exist and I said okay how about Number 1, Number 2, Number 3? He laughed so hard I promised him I'll name a trio after this."

Y/N kept her smile on her face, but Taehyung was busy with the fishes so he didn't notice her hands suddenly turned to fists so tight you could see her veins. However, Jimin noticed it.

"Shit." Jimin ran towards Y/N and got her up on her feet. Seeing him so suddenly, Taehyung too got up concerned.

"Y/N, we have a special appointment today, you have to go. Now." Jimin ushered Y/N out of the room. Seeing this Jin came near Jimin to ask what happened.

Jimin turned to Taehyung and Jin with a dark gaze.

"Don't try to get to know about our family. If by any chance I catch you spying, I will personally behead you. Got it?" He didn't wait for their response but gave Taehyung a dark glare before going after Y/N.

Jin and Taehyung just stood there looking at the duo.

Jin scoffed.

"If we start spying it's over for them. Who do they think they are?" He shook his head. "Come on, Taehyung, we have work." Jin pulled the said boy with him to their room.

Jin went back to his tablet while Taehyung sat there thinking deeply.

"Hyung, I think there is more to Y/N than we know. Or we could ever know," Taehyung said softly. "Today she told me she doesn't smile because she doesn't have a reason to."

Jin looked at his younger brother.

"How painful does that sound?" Taehyung asked, his expression solemn.

Jin got up and hugged Taehyung lightly caressing his back. He could only comfort the younger because everything will pass soon.

"They are fine. Time heals everything, it's the scars that hurt." Jin said softly.

But deep down even he knew that some wounds never heal.

||

~Somewhere else~

||

The boss twirled the glass paperweight in his hand. He was waiting for his spy to show up with any new piece of information.

The door opened and the familiar person walked in.

"Sir." He bowed as a greeting. "I was trying to find the boy, Namjoon. But he isn't seen anywhere. His brothers are gone too. Maybe they were nothing for the Song Gang."

The boss nodded. "Anything about Song Gang?" He asked.

"They are doing their business normally. The way they did before. No suspicious behavior." The spy reported.

"Hmm." The boss hummed in response. He knew something was fishy. But he couldn't decide what was fishier.

Y/N continuing with her business normally or his spy discouraging the idea of going after Namjoon?

||

Vote for President Namjoon.