"Don't sweat it," he grumbled, scowling at me before walking towards the direction of the library and blending in with all the other students. In which I just chuckled and shook my head humorously.

****

"-five, six, seven, eight. Wow this sure are, a lot of books," I noted, balancing all the eight hardbound books in my arms as I follow Austin who's searching for a good place to sit.

Choosing the table at the corner of the library-near the door, he plopped himself down together with all the books that he took from the old, dusty shelves that I swear smelled like soil. I bet it could even beat Gaea's scent.

I took a seat across from him and placed the books from my arms, down in front of me, on the table with a tired sigh. I winced upon feeling my sore muscles from the weight of all the books.

Letting my eyes rove over the library I smiled at the perfect view of students seated while skimming through books, letting the sound of flipping pages fill the quiet room. Our school library isn't new anymore but nor is it too old also. It has the average size, enough shelves, an antique interior and varnished tables and chairs. Along with the dark blue curtains, covering the windows and matching our school color.

Near the entrance and our chosen table, is Mrs. Morris - the school librarian. Seated in front of her desktop as she pushed her gray rimmed glasses up her nose. Mrs. Morris is a little scary, maybe it's because of her aura. Tall, skinny, piercing gray eyes and blond hair that's always placed in a tight bun. Perfect for students who can't return the books back on the shelves properly.

I let out a soft chuckle when I remembered the last time I've been here. I was brainstorming for a significant person during that time, who would've thought that he will be sitting in front of me when I come back?

"What are you laughing at?" Austin suddenly asked, pulling me off my thoughts.

"Oh nothing," I muttered, waving my hand dismissively.

Rolling his eyes at me, he pushed a book towards me, motioning to it with his lips. "Read that."

I looked down at the book to read its title, causing me to grimace when I read the word 'Math' on the dark blue cover along with its title.

"Oh come on! I'm not good in Math," I groaned, pushing the book away from me.

I know Math is an essential subject and a lot of people love it to bits; with all its complicated letters, points, lines, tangents and whatnot. But Math isn't just for me, it's something that makes my head hurt-literally.

"Shhh!" Mrs. Morris scolded harshly from her cubicle, throwing a glare at my direction. Giving her an apologetic smile in return, I looked back pleadingly at Austin who's giving me an unamused look.

"Math's awesome," he said in a matter-of-fact tone, thrusting the book back to me.

Looking at him with narrowed eyes, I pushed the book back to him with more force than necessary. "To you it is. I know you are showing me how it feels to be a nerd but can we do it a little more slowly? Let's start with nouns." I gave him a haughty grin, leaning my torso onto the table.

"Just read it!" He whispered harshly with a scowl causing me to glare at him and lean back in my chair.

"No!" I stubbornly said, crossing my arms over my chest.

Obviously annoyed by my actions, he pushed the book back aggressively to me, causing its edge to hit my hand. "Ow! That hurt!"

I threw the book at his direction which he caught in ease and threw it back to me, making it fall in a loud thud onto my lap.