The Mind Flayer

Y/N POV~
"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asks. We've been walking again for some time now and we're back on the railroad tracks. Making our way to wherever the Demogorgons went.

"Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt." Dustin nods.

"He was tiny two days ago." Max comments.

"Well, he's molted three times already." I state.

"Malted?" Steve looks at me.

"Molted." I repeat. "Sheds his skin to make room for growth like hornworms."

"When's he gonna molt again?" Max asks.

"It's gotta be soon." Dustin answers. "When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends."

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve joins in.

"Wait, a cat?" Lucas stops. "Dart are a cat."

"No, what? No." Dustin lies.

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Steve says.

"Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asks looking at Steve.

"It's Dustin's cat." Steve answers.

"Steve!" Dustin and I yell.

"I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas yells slightly pushing Dustin.

"No!" Dustin denies. "No. No, I... No, I... he missed me. He wanted to come home."

"Bullshit!" Lucas says.

"I didn't know he was a Demogorgon, okay?" Dustin states.

"Oh, so now you admit it?" Lucas argues.

"Guys, who cares? We have to go." Max says jumping in.

"I care! You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!" Lucas yells at Dustin.

"So did you!" I jump in defending Dustin feeling Steve's and Max's eyes on me.

"What?" Lucas questions.

"You told a stranger the truth!" Dustin takes back over flashes his light at Max.

"A stranger?" She scoffs.

"You wanted to tell her too!" Lucas yells.

"Yeah! But I didn't, Lucas, okay?" Dustin defends. Suddenly there's a loud screeching in the distance. "I didn't tell her! We both broke the rule of law, okay? So we're even. We're even."

"No, no! We're not even. Don't even try that. Your stupid pet could have ate us for dinner!" Lucas argues and I roll my eyes stepping away from them.

"Guys?" Steve says.

"He wasn't gonna eat us." Dustin states.

"He was crawling to come say hello?" Lucas says sarcastically.

"Guys!" Steve yells looking at us as the screeching continues and he starts going into the woods after the sound the boys following.

"No, no, no. Hey, guys, why are you headed towards the sound?" Max asks as they start leaving us behind. "Hello? Hello?"

I sigh and grab her hand, "Come on." I shake my head and run into the woods after them not letting her go.

We reach an empty open field still able to hear the loud screeching. "I don't see him." Dustin comments.

Lucas takes his binoculars from around my neck and puts them up to his face. "It's the lab." He says.

"They we're going back home." I shake my head.