Chapter V: Strife

Start from the beginning

The nonchalent answer only made (Y/N) sigh as she sped past the traffic light. "I don't think that'll work, Takemichi. This conflict is by far the biggest one Toman has ever faced, Mikey said that at their last meeting." She asserted. "How can you be so sure that they'll even listen to you? You're not exactly a member, y'know."

Takemichi falls silent again.

"...—I saw that girl in the hospital..." The pair frown in unison. "...Hurting the innocent when they weren't even involved is by far enough to cause any sort of trouble between these two gangs. Frankly, I don't blame Mikey for coming to this conclusion, and for Pah wanting vengeance." (Y/N) acknowledges.

"You're right, (Y/N)." Takemichi nodded. "But we still can't risk this conflict happening. If Mikey goes through with this, and they fight? Then Draken's gonna die, and I can't prevent your death in the future..." The female purses her lips; purposefully staying silent. "...—I know you don't care for them, but at least think of how Mikey will feel if he loses Draken. Put yourself in his shoes."

Now nearing their destination, (Y/N) abruptly stops and looks arrogantly over her shoulder. "Takemichi, I know exactly how it feels to lose a person like Draken. So  I don't have to put myself in anyone else's shoes. I'm merely guiding you so that you can correct your own errors, and that's it."

Takemichi frowns before hopping off of the motorcycle, observing as (Y/N) turned it off and tied it to a post. "The sooner we get this mission over with, the better. I just want to return to my normal life. I don't need people like them invading my space. And I don't need their friendship."

The pair then begin trailing off to the abandoned warehouse in silence.

Takemichi now appeared to be deeply regretting his past statement, seemingly wanting to apologize. But before he could do so, they were met at the warehouse entrance.

It was open and cold air was blowing out of it. (Y/N) takes a simple glance at Takemichi and he follows suit. That's when they marched over to the warehouse and looked in. Almost all of the captains were located inside.

Draken, Pah, Peh, and Mikey.

They all appeared to have started their conversation and were beyond serious. "Mikey!" Takemichi abruptly called out, earning the attention of everyone inside. Upon hearing the sound of Takemichi's voice, they didn't look too happy, besides Mikey.

"Huh? Takemitchy, (Y/N), what's up?" Mikey greeted; a confused tone in his voice.

"What the hell are you two doing here? This is a private meeting." Draken scowled, knitting his brows together. (Y/N) huffs as she shoves Takemichi forward, indicating for him to speak up. He gulps before gluing his eyes to Mikey. "Uh, hey! Mikey, we wanted to ask if you could call off the fight with Moebius."

(Y/N) deadpans. 'You didn't have to word it that way!' She pondered, fighting the urge to not facepalm.

It was indeed a bad way to start, as it immediately angered one of the division's captains, Pah.

He grumbles before stomping toward Takemichi. "You two again?!" He growled, clenching his fists. Peh soon follows behind Pah, as usual, pointing a finger toward Takemichi and then over to (Y/N).

"Just get outta here, you pieces of shit!" He inputted, gritting his teeth similar to Pah.

Despite their demands, (Y/N) walks up to Takemichi's side. Seemingly taking a different approach. "Mikey, you remember what I said back at the restaurant, right?"

Mikey perks up, appearing to remember. "...—I know this all sounds dumb but... there could be serious casualties if you go forward with this fight. Just hear us out on this one." She hypothesized, scanning Mikey's facial expressions. He appeared more perplexed than before.