8 | Anger

"Hinata-kun... I'm so sorry, but my dad said we have to break up," Komaeda said as they were walking home from school.

"Huh? For real?" Hinata stared at him in disbelief.

The pale boy nodded. "I don't want to either, but-!"

"No... it's okay, I knew this was coming." Hinata said, beginning to walk again.

"You're... not sad?"

"It's not that. I don't wanna break up, but... I knew he'd say that at some point. I was prepared." He continued to walk, but Komaeda grabbed his hand.

"Hinata-kun! D-don't just walk away... I... I hate this. I love you,"

Hinata sighed. "You'll have to stop,"

"Why are you so cold? I didn't know you were like this. Can we... at least still be friends?"

"That'll be... very awkward. Sorry, but no. This is the end, Komaeda,"

The white-haired boy gasped. "Wh-why are you acting like this? Answer me!"

"I'm tired of your stupid dad. Dating you was annoying,"

At that moment, Komaeda felt his heart shattering. His eyes widened as tears filled them. "I thought... I thought you loved me..."

"I used to, yeah. Lately I kinda... stopped. Have a nice life, Komaeda. Bye now." Komaeda began to cry as he watched Hinata walk away.

Eventually, he walked home. He was so mad at his dad and... at Hinata too. Why were they so mean?

He slammed the door shut and threw his shoes into the corner.

"Hey, Nagito." His father walked towards him. Mustering up all his courage, Komaeda pushed past him.

"Shut up!"

"Huh? What's gotten into you?"

"I said shut up! I don't wanna hear your stupid voice!"

"Nagito! That's no way to speak to your father!" He shouted back.

"I don't care! You... you suck!" He went into the kitchen to eat, being followed by his father.

"What the hell makes you think you can talk to me like that?!"

"I had to break up with Hinata-kun because of you and now he doesn't even wanna stay friends with me!"

"That doesn't give you the right to-!"

"Shut up!" Komaeda shouted, covering his ears. "Leave me alone! Y-you're... a bad father..."

His eyes widened. "Excuse me?! All I ever did was protect you!"

Komaeda shook his head as tears ran down his face. He was still covering his ears.

"Don't ignore me! You're grounded!"

Komaeda slowly let his hands fall to his sides. "Imagine if your dad made you break up with mom while-"

"Oh please, don't compare that stupid, aggressive, gang leader to your amazing mother,"

"H-he's not in a gang! He's smart and kind! You don't know anything about him!" Komaeda argued.

"I know more about him than you do! Now go to your room!"

Komaeda gritted his teeth. "I... I hate you!"

His father's eyes widened. Then, it turned into anger. He raised his hand, but stopped when he saw Komaeda flinch.

"Oh God... I-I'm sorry- what's gotten into me..?" He stared at his hands in disbelief as Komaeda ran upstairs and into his room. He locked the door and threw himself onto the bed.

His father had almost hit him. He'd never been violent and now he almost hit him.

"Nagito, please let me in. I'm sorry, okay? I-I didn't mean to!" He could hear his father from outside.

"No! Go away! I don't wanna see you!" Komaeda yelled back.

"But you need to eat!"

"I don't care! I won't go outside until you leave!"

"Come out, please! I just wanna talk!"

Komaeda pulled the covers over his head. "Go away..."

His father sighed and left. Komaeda's eyelids got heavy and he slowly fell asleep. When he woke up, he took a look at his phone to check the time. 9 p.m., huh? He was hungry, but didn't want to leave his room. Instead, he decided to text Hinata.

Komaeda: Hey

Surprisingly, he responded instantly.

Hinata-kun: Can I help you?

Komaeda: Yes. Why didn't you care about us having to break up? Did you really loose feelings for me? You didn't seem like it before.

Hinata-kun: Just shut up, honestly. I told you that I don't care. I'm better off without you anyway.

Komaeda: You're being a huge selfish jerk

Hinata-kun: Idc

Komaeda: Why are you so mean to me?

Hinata-kun: Omg it's because you suck. I don't like you. The only thing you'd maybe be good for is fucking

Komaeda: Excuse me?? What the hell?

Hinata-kun: You're a fucking nerd that got lucky enough to be hot omfg why don't you get it???

Komaeda: Because you weren't like this before. Were you really only with me because you wanted to sleep with me?

Hinata-kun: Yeah, but that didn't even work cause you're too fucking nervous. You really suck yk?

Komaeda: I don't belive that. There's no way you were so kind to me even though you never really liked me.

Hinata-kun: I don't give a shit if you don't belive it. The truth is I just wanted to fuck you so I did what I did. Don't talk to me anymore dumbass

Komaeda let his phone fall into his lap. He couldn't belive it. Hinata really was as bad as his father said.