The pout vanished, quickly replaced by a satisfied grin.

"Who would say no to free food ?"

"I knew you would say that."

Yeosang laughed and so did San. After a quick hug, he took his leave.

Bag in hand, he passed by the counter and threw a smile at Changbin - his coworker - before pushing the door of the staff room open. His shift wasn't supposed to start before the next 30 minutes, but his eyes needed a break away from his laptop screen and most importantly, he really didn't want to hear Yeosang's rambling about some rumors people shouldn't care about.

He sighed, getting rid of his bag to put on his brown apron.

San couldn't understand this society. Why were people always believing rumors if they were just that, rumors ? What was the point of calling them rumors if everyone acted as if facts were real and confirmed ? San had seen the spiteful looks thrown Wooyoung's way by some of their customers. People were treating him like dirt and disrespecting him as a human being because of these rumors. Yet, Wooyoung never talked back.

Most of the time, he would ignore them.

But once in a while, he would smile, apologize for the trouble and leave the shop with a drink still half full on his table. San's heart would crack a bit more each time.

He tied the knot of his apron and left the room, joining his two coworkers behind the counter. After some small talk, he explained he was ready to work and one of them could leave early if wanted. Three seconds later, San was left alone with Changbin.

He put himself to work then, starting with cleaning the coffee machines. Yeosang was still there, sipping his drink mindlessly, eyes on his phone. Wooyoung had taken a seat on the table right next to him and his cup of hot chocolate was now half empty but he didn't seem to acknowledge it anymore, too busy working on his laptop.

San was only slightly ashamed to admit he knew about Wooyoung's work.

He had searched for him on the internet some months ago, but most of his search had left him with a heavy heart after reading tons of hateful articles and unproved news. Not enough about him, as a person.

He did find out Wooyoung had a - pretty famous - Youtube channel filled with ASMR videos of witchcraft tutorials. He had a blog too, and none of them were linked to his real name.

The bell rang, cutting San's trail of thought. He didn't bother looking up to watch their new customer entering, Changbin already greeting him and asking for his order.

"You welcome murderers in your shop ?" the man said when Changbin gave him his drink.

San perked an eyebrow, straightening up.

"I apologize," Changbin replied. "We don't check the criminal record of every person passing this door, sir."

"Maybe you should."

Behind the man, Wooyoung was putting on his earphones, head low. San's blood slowly started to boil. Clenching his jaw, he went back to the coffee machine, trying to keep himself entertained.

He had been forbidden to talk in these kinds of situations. Tact wasn't his forte and he definitely had some anger issues, which led him to snap at some customers a bit too often, until it became a problem for the shop. As much as he wanted to take these people down a peg or two, he could understand his reactions could give a bad reputation to their cafe, and agreed on keeping his mouth shut. His coworkers were better at handling it.

Yunho was definitely the best, but none of his shifts matched with San's.

"Sure," San heard Changbin answer. He smiled to himself, already knowing he would like the next words. "May I see yours then ?"